Listener Height/Ear Leve and/ Listening Distance

cjr888

I searched the forums and didn't find any easy to locate references, so if this has been covered already, just direct me to a thread....

My selfish curiosity is towards Cornwalls, but figured I'd ask the question for any/all models of Klipsch to hopefully extend the discussion if others are curious or interested.

Are there any general guidelines for proper ear level for Cornwalls (or other speakers)? Tweeter level? Lower? Higher? I assume this would also vary depending on the distance between you and the speaker, but I'm not 100% there either.

I ask partly because I have couches that are a bit higher than the norm, and also because I'm curious if anyone has raised their speakers more than an inch or two to compensate (this I assume is not suggested because of the port and speaker design though).

Any comments on the Cornwall or other speakers, whether its actual measurements or rough guidelines that have been suggested by Klipsch?

As I understand it, you want the horns to aim roughly at your head. So, if your head (in listening position) is at the same height as the horns, the speakers should be level. If your head is higher or lower (in my studies, I have found that everyone's neck is slightly different), simply angle the speakers up or down.