New ATI X800XT Platinum

TheEAR

im seeing lots of differing benchmarks though - some show nvidia winning, while other show ati winning... i cant tell which one is better!

boo.. i guess i will have to wait for the dust to settle a little while longer. and maybe i will go for a new vcard! watch yourself ear - im still on your tail!

lol!

jk.

so far all i'm seeing is the X800 Pro in stores for $500 american which i should mention isnt even available yet, you can preorder ONLY, it only has 12 pixel pipes and performs much behind the 6800 Ultra that will be out very soon and will retail for $500 and has 16 pixel pipes, where did you find a Platinum?

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=15738

oh well, i have no intentions to buy any video cards in the next 6-8 months, i'll see what the future holds.

also pinipig where are these reviews where ATi is winning over Nvidia? i've looked at just about all of them and they have no chance...

----------------

On 5/5/2004 8:28:26 AM TheEAR wrote:

Another great product from the Canadian video card maker
1.gif

----------------

Wow, I had no idea it was Canadian. Actually, I had no idea that Canada could make such a great card! all joking aside, I really want to get a new card but I just don't have the need. Wow, not buying something because it is not a need, that is a big step for me! 9.gif

EAR, damn you, I just picked up a budget 5900xt which does a fair job for $260 canadian. performance is great, and i got a fairly descent 3dmark 2k3 score too. (slightly slower than a radeon 9800pro, on dx9 games but equally fast if not faster on some older games (which i play alot of ) and open gl games for sure - especially when i can oc it to faster than a 5950 ultra with no artifacts!

ATI's low end card will be shipping end of MAY and their high end card won't be available til June at the earliest. Nvidia beat them to the press and will beat them to the market. ATI is only taking PRE-orders at this time, it isn't really available they just like to LIE, you know how that is don't you?

• Like 1