Rear Speakers with KLF 20

Davec

I am purchasing Klipsh speakers and could use some advice. Got a good deal on the KLF 20's for the fronts, planned to add the KLF C7 Center Speaker and the KSW 12 subwoofer. Would you recommend the KLF 10's (which I can get for $595) for the rear or the RS 3's? I have a good amount of space, so that is not issue... prefer not to spend more than $600 for the rears. Appreciate any advice on this and if balance of system looks ok. Thanks.

Davec, I used three KLF 10's for side/surrounds and rear effects in conjunction with KLF 30's. I also tried the Ref3's but the KLF 10's proved far superior. I was so impressed that I upgraded them to KLF 30's and put the pair of 10's to work as Front Effects speakers. If you can, I would upgrade the KSW-12 to a KSW-15... I did and it really made a difference... because I could set the KLF's to "SMALL" and the sub was robust enough to do its bottom feeding. The KLF's then were free to make nicer above 90 Hz.

Legends need room, particularly on the side/surrounds and for rear effects. A little distance and the nature of the sound track tends to take care of the "suround sound" issues... and they are WAY better on discrete 5.1 and above. Then again, maybe you could find away to put KLF 20's all around... they are a fine, fine discontinued speaker. Good luck. HornEd

------------------

"Where Legends Live! Klipsch Powered HT"

FOREGROUND SOUND STAGE:

KLF C7 Center, KLF 30 Mains, KLF 10 Front Effects

BACKGROUND SOUND STAGE:

KLF 30 L&R Side/Surrounds, KLF 30 L&R Rear Effects

LARGE MOUTH BASS:

Twin SVS CS-Ultra sub with Samson Megawatt Amp

SPEAKER SUPPORT SYSTEMS:

Mitsubishi RPHD1080i 65", Yamaha RX-V3000 Receiver

and such... Tweakin' On!

Cornwall II / KSW-15 Music Room Under Construction

This message has been edited by HornEd on 07-09-2001 at 07:50 PM

Thanks for the feedback. When I was going to get the KLF10's, I was advised that the RS3's provided better "ambiance" (and that was what you wanted versus better "direct" sound in surround speakers. Sounds like the KLF10's or 20's might be the way to go though based on your comments.