The new Sony dual 10"

Rdmarsiii

----------------

On 5/12/2004 1:01:21 AM pinipig523 wrote:

dont listen to generalizations and listen to the sub yourself. if u like the sub and u like the price - then by all means, get it. no one can tell u something sucks because sucks is such an opinion - it isnt generalizable throughout more than one person.

sure, sony's sub sucks compared to my sub - but it sure as heck is great for the 75$ price tag u mentioned. and sure, my sub sucks compared to the MRS and the B4 - but do i care? no - why? because i like it the way it is, and i like the price i paid for it.

listen to the sony - if u like it and u can justify the purchase, then get it.

----------------

greatly said. I feel the same way about my sub when somebody told me it sucked. Not for $300 it does not. i had two subs bfore that cost $500 each and this one woops up on both of those two put together.

----------------

On 5/11/2004 7:29:06 PM TheEAR wrote:

True,Sony Japan has some products not seen in America.Like high end headpones,speakers and audio components.Sad some of these are not sold here,I was looking for Sony's high end closed headphones to no avail in Canada.Only special orders,these cans sell for 4000 USD!

But when shoping for the ultimate in speakers Dynaudio and Focal plus Accuton drivers level all competition.The best Dynaudio makes make Klipsch look and sound like Cheapo Mart gear.

----------------

ALL competition? I'm not so sure about that. It is obvious that Dynaudio are some of the better speakers in production, but I think it's a stretch to call them the best. I have heard the top of the line Contour floorstanding model, and I can honestly say it in no way compared to the Verity Audio Lohengrins...Maybe in terms of finish quality, but even that would be a stretch. The Verity's are just that good.

There are many makers of fine drivers and turnkey speakers. There are certainly drivers out there that at least match Dynaudio and Focal and many that I think outperform them.

Keep in mind that on a horn forum like this many, like myself, will think that conventional direct-radiating drivers like Dynaudio and Focal are by their very nature second-rate devices as are any speaker systems using such drivers.

I consider drivers by JBL Pro, Iconic, TAD, EV, Onken, Goto, ALE and Radian superior by their very nature to Dynaudios and Focals.

By the way, I was doing DIY speakers using Dynaudio drivers well over 20 years ago. I have some experience with the brand. Very good stuff, as direct-radiators go.

----------------

On 5/12/2004 11:24:09 AM prodj101 wrote:

----------------

On 5/11/2004 7:29:06 PM TheEAR wrote:

True,Sony Japan has some products not seen in America.Like high end headpones,speakers and audio components.Sad some of these are not sold here,I was looking for Sony's high end closed headphones to no avail in Canada.Only special orders,these cans sell for 4000 USD!

But when shoping for the ultimate in speakers Dynaudio and Focal plus Accuton drivers level all competition.The best Dynaudio makes make Klipsch look and sound like Cheapo Mart gear.

----------------

ALL competition? I'm not so sure about that. It is obvious that Dynaudio are some of the better speakers in production, but I think it's a stretch to call them the best. I have heard the top of the line Contour floorstanding model, and I can honestly say it in no way compared to the Verity Audio Lohengrins...Maybe in terms of finish quality, but even that would be a stretch. The Verity's are just that good.

----------------

The top of the line Contour is not at all what I would call Dynaudio best,or even close.The Verity Audio Lohengrin is no doubt among the best direct radiator speakers made.And I heard these here in Montreal...as Verity Audio are made here in Quebec 16.gif But the Dynaudio Evidence Master is a notch above in resolution and more than matches the Lohengrin in all aspects save deep bass.

The Sony speakers at Best Buy are absolute $hit and there is nothing else to say.

People pop the woofers (it takes almost no force to move the woofers with your finger, and they make no bass, these are 8" woofers!), they sound 'fair' at best, and they are HUGE for their output. The Klipsch SB-2's and JBL E30's STOMP even the biggest Sony floorstanders, bass, output, and quality. I steer people towards Athena's if they can spend an extra $50 for the B1's (great speakers for the cash).

Sony does make great video and portable gear, though!