vert. corns on ebay

Great deal Mike! Feel good about it fella. Good free valuable advice to boot. And yes, there is plenty of that old McIntosh stuff for sale around here! j/k.

I bought my Chorus II's from a seller about 100 miles from my home (where you got the Mc piece). I work out of town and visit the city often where the seller lived. He was selling KHorns, Chorus II's and Forte II's along with more good stuff. We listened to both the Chorus II's and the Forte II's with my tube amp. He checked E-Bay closed auctions and came up with an average price that they had recently sold for on E-Bay. Offered the Chorus II's to me for $600. Further offered both the Chorus II's and the Forte II's for $1000. I took the Chorus II's and dried my eyes as I left the Forte's there. We both felt good about the deal. That's all that matters to me.

Hope you enjoy your speakers. Anyone else would have done the same.

Keith

Hello Mike. Congrats fellow Texan,

enjoy those vertical Cornwalls & don't leave the forum. You did absolutely nothing wrong in my opinion. You found a local deal with the ability to inspect the speakers before purchase. I can guarantee you everyone else on this 2 Channel forum would do the same as you if they found verticall Cornwalls local in their neck of the woods. I live in Corpus Christi. I bought my 1977 Cornwalls from a guy in San Antonio & my 1983 pair from a guy in Sugarland-west Houston suburb. I got to inspect & listen to both pair of Cornwalls before purchase. Andy the 1977 Cornwall owner introduced me to tube stereo equipment which blew me away & left a lasting impression. Tube gear & it's sonics impressed the hell out of me & I told myself someday in the future I will get some tube gear. I was running Mcintosh solid state at the time.

Two years later & I bought my Welborne Labs Moondog SET amps & other tube gear off of Audiogon. I don't do Ebay anymore since a fellow Texan from Plano burned me on a Mcintosh MR 80 tuner for over $1,000. The tuner was in beautiful cosmetic shape but was in need of repairs-it had intermittent multiple tuning problems. He stated in his ad that he had bought the tuner from Audioclassics-Vestal,New York & that the tuner was in excellent cosmetic & operating condition. The guy wold not respond to emails or phone calls after the sale. I contacted Audioclassics about repair & Audiocalssics agreed to repair the tuner at a reduced rate. Their ex Mcintosh repair tech could not repair the tuner. He worked on the tuner 3 separate times & they had the tuner almost a year between the 3 times I sent the tuner in for repair. They had the tuner longer in their possession than I had it while I was the owner. The Mac MR 80 tuner was dubbed the nickname-the tuner from hell. Audioclassics let me trade the tuner in on a Mcintosh MR 77 tuner which I think is a better looking tuner. It just is not worth as much as an MR 80 tuner. I took it in the shorts & lost money on that Ebay deal. But Audioclassics was a class act business & stepped up to the plate when they did not have to. I have been burned twice on Ebay from guys that had excellent feedback. Never again, Ebay does not give a crap about the buyer of goods. All they are concerned about is collecting their money from the seller. I have had excellent results in purchasing audio gear from Audiogon with people that have morals & quality gear for sale at a great price. Four Audiogon audio deals-2 amps- Welborne Labs Moondog SET tube, Llano Phoenix mosfet/tube hybrid amp & 2 tube preamps-Welborne Labs Reveille & Dehavilland Verve. I love Audiogon. Enjoy your vertical

Cornwalls & let us know your impressions of them.

Regards, Mike