Bass Shakers

JHoff80

Search on this in (I think) the Home Theater forum. There's a few comments there both pro and con.

I have a pair of B*** Shakers mounted to the underside of my couch. They are a fun addition, but probably not something a serious HT-o-phile would dare put in their room. But for $50, they are fun to have.

They are small transducers (?) that vibrate when fed a power signal. They do not put out any noise. They get their power from 25-watt amps that plug into your receiver's sub out (I have mine split with a y-adapter going to my subwoofer and my shakers). The amp has a power setting and a low-pass filter of sorts so that you can blend them in correctly. Mine are set on the tame side, and have a remote power switch (X10) so I don't have to deal with them when listening to music (only when Ahnold blows something up).

Get 'em and have fun. I got mine at Parts Express, and they have a 45-day return policy. What do you have to lose?

Doug

They are for effect only and dont add to the sound at all. They are a device that is mounted to the frame of your couch or to the beams under the room, and get a signal from your stereo for the bass. Ya know how a deep bass passage can be felt....well try a device that is designed to "shake the rafters". Thats what they do, so you can feel effects more. I experienced them at a home theater trade show a year or so ago, and it was kinda fun. To me , not worth the money to buy or hassle of mounting, but fun...