need cd burner for audio

jaama

Are you looking for a CD burner to add to your PC or a stand alone unit to attach to a stero? Easiest and cheapest is to add one (many good brands available $40-50) to a PC, hook up stereo to PC sound card and record. Good DVD burners now under $100 for PC - will burn CDs too. Newegg.com for good prices and reliable service for PC stuff.

Unless you're looking to record lp's or something, an add-in to your computer is the best and cheapest way to go for copying cd's, mpegs whatever. Lite-On makes a 52x cd burner (no more thatn $40) that is available at newegg and they may still carry them at BestBuy. MaximumPC, a computer hardware magazine, is very enthusiastic about its performance for the price. The're top rated selection is a Plextor burner at about twice the price of a Lite-On. All newer burners come with burn protection to basically eliminate making coasters. Don't buy old used in this area. Also many recommend copying music cd's at 32x.

If you are looking for a standalone stereo component type burner, I recommend the HBH "Burnit" model. It is a professional burner: it uses regular data cdrs as well as digital audio, you can defeat or allow SCMS, you have really flexible fade in and out options, really more flexible level adjustment and even balancing level adjustment, etc. A fascinating and fun machine. A little on the expensive side, but I've had it going for a year with NO problem, whereas I had a Philips burner for four years with problem after problem. . . .