Cambridge SoundWorks subs -Any Good?

Bill H.

Bill

This particular sub you were looking at would rate below or almost equal to the KSW line.

My parents had the 12 version and the sub was so exaggerated every thing coming out of it sounded like a long drawn out 50 hz test tone.

I had the P1000 and P500. I think you would yield better or equal results if you ran an rca cable into a shoe box. To be quite frank, if I have already been, look elsewhere. Klipsch RSW12 or an SVS or even a Hsu. do not skimp on the sub, it will really bring the most out of your system.

I can assure you you will feel slated with CSW over time if not immediate.

Good things about the CSW Newton subs, convenient controls and a nice veneer box but the quality of sound to dollar was simply disappointing. Good thing about the sub you listed uhmmmm let me think.......hmmmmmmm.........hmmmmmmmmmm I am getting there. Can't think of anything right now

Sound and vision just reviewed this sub awhile back. If that makes sense. But it was the week one of the bunch with little sound pressure levels at low hertz. Yes look elsewhere. Velodyne kicked but of course it was the fifteen inch model. Hay look into oncecall.com. I just got a new mag intoday and they got the velodynes on sale big time. cht-12 for 277.40. Very good deal if you ask me. I doubt you can beat that price. Used maybe. I am thinking on getting one. cht-10 for 229. It almost seems like misprints i never seen them this low. cht-15 479.40 this thing rocks and i am pretty sure is the one that won the shoot out. I haven't even seen em this cheap used.

Cambridge standard cube subs are nothing special,and the two micro Newton series subs get demolished by Sunfire and Velodyne in performance.

Cambridge subs are poor performers.

You want a micro sub with both quality and good output down low Sunfire and second Velodyne.

Best value in a larger sub,HSU VTF3II or SVS PC-Plus(box or TP tube).

----------------

On 5/22/2004 12:54:53 PM TheEAR wrote:

Cambridge standard cube subs are nothing special,and the two micro Newton series subs get demolished by Sunfire and Velodyne in performance.

Cambridge subs are poor performers.

You want a micro sub with both quality and good output down low Sunfire and second Velodyne.

Best value in a larger sub,HSU VTF3II or SVS PC-Plus(box or TP tube).

----------------

Wow, really? i've always heard their computer speakers and thought those were really great sounding. Kind of disappointing that their HT components aren't made with the same quality.

Its not the case,simply the quality and competence of the best PeaSee speakers/subs falls way short of what one demands in a real HT.And is far left behind when you want a high end products(here a subwoofer).

Cambridge(under the Creative badge) S750 may be a great set of PeaSee speakers but these pale in comparison to a full set of RF7/RC7/RSW15.And then again a RF/RW setup pales when compared to Dynaudio Contour/Revel B15.And yet again the Dynes and revel pale in comparison to a setup around Wilson X1 and Krell MRS subs.

A Toyota Corola may be a great economy car,the Infinity G35 whoops it,the Audi RS6 whoops the Infinity G35.

The more you pay...the better the product,not always but most of the time.

Cambridge speakers are garbage when compared to the big players of the high end(Dynaudio,Focal being only some of them)

And the Newton subs deflate fast when compared to the real competition(Sunfire,Velo and James EMB series).