Reference outrigger feet?

wheelman

----------------

On 5/26/2004 3:39:03 PM whell wrote:

Yes. They are attached via screws, and are easily removable. In fact, they come from the factory w/o the feet attached.

----------------

That's odd. I had to go through 3 pair before I got a set that weren't scratched and every one of them had the feet already attached. Is that something new?

----------------

On 5/26/2004 4:55:40 PM SteelerFan wrote:

----------------

On 5/26/2004 3:39:03 PM whell wrote:

Yes. They are attached via screws, and are easily removable. In fact, they come from the factory w/o the feet attached.

----------------

That's odd. I had to go through 3 pair before I got a set that weren't scratched and every one of them had the feet already attached. Is that something new?

----------------

It is on the new 2003 line ie. RF15,25,&35. They are removeable with screws securing them through the bottom of the speaker. By the way, you had to go through three pair of what? speakers? or feat?

I had to install them on the RF35 pair I got. That's one of the minor complaints I have. The screw-hole for 2 of the 8 feet I installed weren't quite straight, and it was really difficult to screw them in. Also, even after you screw them in, they wiggle around if you try to move the entire speaker.

The speakers sound great though! :)

Thanks everyone. I was wondering this, because i would like the option without em. I think they would look better in my opinion. Also i am worried about breaking them and then having only three on there. That would stink if they all didn't come off. I think they look great i am just worried about breaking them, and if they come off i just wouldn't put em on. I just may step up to the reference line then. I just love the old reference line though, and they don't come off?

I think you would have a very difficult time TRYING to break the feat on these speaks. The feat are VERY heavey plastic. If I were you, this would be the least of my worries in choosing a new pair of speakers. Go with what sounds best.

----------------

On 5/28/2004 6:36:35 PM om13934 wrote:

I think you would have a very difficult time TRYING to break the feat on these speaks. The feat are VERY heavey plastic. If I were you, this would be the least of my worries in choosing a new pair of speakers. Go with what sounds best.

----------------

OH i take everything into consideration. That's why i asked this question. I am a very picky person. I agree with what sounds best, but i am trying to go with what will work for me also. Thanks for the info on the durability of the feet. They do look good too, but i would like the option of getting rid of them. I am used to my synergy's. I just love em. I would like to have the reference with the synergy type feet so they are more manueverable.