Good bang for the buck

skillet2003

Much like everyone else they want a big bang for the buck, I being no different than anyone else I would like the same. I'm looking for a good performing subwoofer with good performance at 20hz and it would be a great plus to even go further. I'm think no more than $1200 (may be flexible) and have been considering SVS PBS2+ and HSU VTF-3 MK 2. I'm a newb when it comes to this stuff but I'm trying to learn and get started on my collection of speakers 1.gif Maybe one day be able to boast as many subs as I hear the ear has....probably not but its worth a try. 9.gif

----------------

On 5/28/2004 10:08:20 AM skillet2003 wrote:

and have been considering SVS PBS2+ and HSU VTF-3 MK 2.

----------------

If you are willing to live with it's size... no doubt the SVS PB2+ will give the most bang for the buck.

Rob

Thanks Jay... 12.gif It's definitely cheaper if you don't cost your time (which is unfair)... but one of my principal considerations was to be able to match the looks and output of my heritage klipsch. I succeeded is achieving that... 4.gif but a part of me still wants more overkill... 11.gif

For those who want a link to the Klipsch forum thread... it's at AV15 sub is ready...

I will get a real web page about it, online, sooner or later... with the construction pics.... but I have been quite busy lately...

Rob

PS: BTW... "more" overkill as when I pushed the sub close to it's maximum SPL, I got 119.5db at 20Hz (corrected in room, fast "C") before clipping and without bottoming out. 9.gif

----------------

On 5/31/2004 1:40:38 AM formica wrote:

PS: BTW... "more" overkill as when I pushed the sub close to it's maximum SPL, I got 119.5db at 20Hz (corrected in room, fast "C") before clipping and without bottoming out.
9.gif

----------------

God Damn

----------------

On 5/31/2004 1:40:38 AM formica wrote:

I will get a real web page about it, online, sooner or later... with the construction pics.... but I have been quite busy lately...

----------------

Thanks Formica. I am really, really interested in seeing the process. Possibly you could provide us newb's with detailed information each step along the way? I am thinking about the diy route eventually, but in no hurry. Projector first :)