Update Corner Horns to 7.1 surround

JJkizak

I have the 1965 (yes, they still work fine) corner horns and center channel and wish to upgrade to

a 7.1 system using these speakers. Which model subwoofer and rear and side

speakers are reccommended?

JJK

Well stick with the "Heritage" line for you affect/surround speakers for starters. Next I have a few questions for you. How big is your room? Are you using a K-Horn for a center? If so pictures please!!!!! If you have a room big enough for 3 K-Horns across the front then La Scala/Belle Klipsch would be a good idea to fill in your system. If not Heresy's would work as well. I will have a 3 La Scala front with Heresy II's front effects and Heresy II surrounds. As for sub-woofers I would recommend SVS but I am not versed well enough to recommend a model as I have not gone quite that far and am basing my recommendation on what I have read so far.

Foost, you aint missing much with music, but if you do expand your home movie and music reproduction system, you should know that Dynaco makes a cute little adapter that I saw at preacherman Daddydees May 2004 Klipsch gathering in Little Rock, Arkansas, this will give you some phantom channels, so all you have to do is send the signal out from your pre-amplifier, add the adapter and power the side channels, also think either RSW or SVS tubes make the best matches for big ole horns, please post your movie and music tastes, room dimensions and front-end equipment in your system profile, this will help forum members give you thoughtful, insightful answers2.gif

I have updated my profile. The room has three doorways, fireplace, and stairwell. It is basically acoustically horrible. The Horns phase up just

in front of the fireplace. The center channel is derived from the left and right channels. Of course with the future 7.1 this is mute. The equalizer is up +8 db at 30 hz and 20KHZ and -4db at 400HZ. My Hearing limit is 40HZ - 14KHZ at around 100 db output. My CBS test records indicate sounds bouncing

all over the place. All I am interested in is what model speakers to use for the sub woofer (I can't hear it but I can feel it) and the side speakers and rear speakers. The 7.1 units I am looking at are the Yamaha, Denon, and Sony.