Does the Cayin TA-30 have preamp outs?

Thasp

I didn't see it mentioned in the specs. That is the only way of adding a sub here. Usually you'd either put a crossover inbetween the preamp or amp or plug it into the preamp's other preamp outs. If it doesn't have any preamp outs, that means no sub, and no sub expansion options means no cayin.

Thanks.

No, the inputs to the subwoofer amp are very high impedance, so the speaker output of the Cayin would feed the power amp of the sub. A line level out would be better, but it will work anyway.

Marvel

Yeah, but then that would meann everytime I changed the volume, I'd have to do it on both and match it. I could have the music at 87 dB and the bass at 95 dB. If I'm paying that much for an audio setup, the least I could have is to not have to adjust the volume like that.. and an $800 integrated amp SHOULD have preamp outs - so I think the Cayin is crossed out. 14.gif

Sub amps have inputs for line level and inputs for speaker level. They still use the main amp's volume controls. You would just run a set of speaker wire from the amp to the sub. Being a very high impedance input on the sub, it doesn't cause any loss of power to the main speakers. This isn't rocket science, it's be done this way for years. This is the way I had my velodyne set up in my bedroom on a system, which didn't have a sub out. Now that I use it in my living room, my Sony has a sub out so I use that.

Look at all the plate amps at partexpress and you will see what I mean.

Marvel

Where is the EAR?. He's sub-human!6.gif2.gif

Other than that Marvel is correct. You can feed the sub with a derived ceter channel output from the output terminals on the amp also. Or I'm sure Paul at Busy Bee can put in sub-outs for you off the volume control.

Rick