PSB 6t's vs RF-7's

lx50373

please post your movie and music tastes, room dimensions and front-end equipment in your system profile, this will help forum members give you thoughtful, insightful answers before they tell you the Klipsch is the best!

lx50373,

here are the figures for the two. RF7 are more sensitive then the PSB's.......... the

web site www.yawaonline.com is selling PSB 6T's, for about 1,400.00. Which equal to a good deal on the RF 7's. Basically it is what sounds good too you, and what you can afford........good Luck

EDIT: I have listened to PSB and they were to me, a very smooth , laid back sound. Enjoyable........... FWIW!

psb 6T

On Axis @ 0° ±3dB 32-21,000Hz

On Axis @ 0° ±1.5 dB 42-20,000Hz

Off Axis @ 30° ±1.5dB 42-10,000Hz

LF Cutoff -10dB 27Hz

SENSITIVITY 1W (2.83V) @ 1M, IEC-FILTERED PINK NOISE, C-WEIGHTED

Anechoic Chamber 91dB

Typical Listening Room 93dB

Klipsch RF 7

32Hz-20kHz ±3dB

SENSITIVITY:

102dB @ 2.83 volts/1 meter

POWER HANDLING:

250 watts maximum continuous (1000 watts peak)

NOMINAL IMPEDANCE:

8 ohms

Just comparing specs won't tell you anything though. Take my other brother's loudspeakers for instance. He has a pair of Triangle Zephers with a 6" mid-woofer. Those towers are only rated down to 45Hz, BUT they sound like they reach almost as deep as my KG 5.5s which have two 10" drivers and rated down to 34Hz!!

Eventhough his small drivers move alot more and can't be played no where near as loud, they sound amazingly good and are quite capable of delivering the goods in the bass department.

So, to get on with my point, instead of comparing specs (which seems to be meaningless), grab your favorite CDs, go to a showroom that hopefully has both pairs of loudspeakers you're interested in, take your time to demo them (don't let the salesperson rush you), listen to complete songs on both AT THE SAME VOLUME LEVEL to get a real good mental note of the sound in your head, (a lot of salesmen will play one set of speakers louder than the other to make you think they sound better, usually trying to push you towards the more expensive pair, so pay close attention), go home and sleep on it, go back the next day and listen to both again, then make your decision.

Good luck on your quest and listen to what your ears have to say! 2.gif

----------------

On 5/31/2004 8:59:44 AM DeanG wrote:

Those Canadians up there build some very good sounding stuff, but well -- they ain't horns.

----------------

Horns or not, they sound extemely good! With some recordings, I think they come over better on his system then they do on mine. Just don't tell him that! 3.gif

Oh...... I bet you were refering to the PSB speakers and not my brother's Frenchies Triangles. 9.gif