Can I use? JBL 2404H

hoggy

Hi guys,

I recently picked up a pair of JBL 2404H's and would like to know if I need to do anything to my ALK's. I thought by reading through posts on the 2404's that I would NOT if using Al's ALK's but now I'm not so sure. If I do what exactly do I need to do? This may have to be a later date project though. Thanks

hoggy

Have you tried them yet?

You can use them with the ALK, but they might be a little hot. I didn't think so. They seemed fine when I was using the ALK, but I wasn't using the K-55 either. I can't try it for you anymore, because I got rid of my two pairs of ALK networks.

You can always use an L-pad. If you don't like the sound, John Warren has a network mod, (add on) designed for the JBL tweeters.

He sells this network add on.

Hi Q-Man,

No I actually have not gotten them yet. I should get them this week. I just want to find out enough now so when I do get them I can try 'em safely without hurting anything. If I do have to do something I may get a hold of John. My ALK's have been upgraded with Auricaps so if I have to use Johns HF networks it would be with Auricaps and more expensive which I cannot afford right now. This may have to be a later on type thing for now. I'm kind of waiting for John and Al to chime in here too. Never thought I'd go this far with my Khorns. Guess I could try to sell some stuff on eBay but I'm a pack rat too which is not such a good thing.

Thx,

hoggy

W/respect to the 2404h and ALK's I believe you can use them as a direct drop in and it should not require any mods. The only xover mod I know of is when you use something like an altec 811/511, JBL2404's in a Belle Klipsch/La Scala/K-horn and the mod is done because the mid horns don't go low enough so he crosses the woofer and mid range horn at the extremes slope points or there about.