How about this simple 2 channel vinyl setup:

Audio Tekne Turntables, ACP-88.014 $96,570.00

Audio Tekne TFA-9501 Stereo Preamplifier $96,570.00

Audio Tekne 2-Channel Amp, TEA-9501PCS Phono Equalizer, Stereo $257,521.00

Audio Tekne Special Order Floor-Type Large Speaker $193,140.00

Total $643,801.00

9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif

Deprecating The Gifts Of The G-ds

If a superb flat line response from 18Hz to 22kHz with two 600-watt amps and six tall towers of gorgeous sound simply sounds like more of the big yellow bus; then what should I be listening and paying attention to? Because the tall electronic marvels, with their punchy mid-bass line drivers, deep-bass sub-woofers and massively "built like bombers" amplifiers did deliver the goods, and in spades, too. This was sky-high satellite technology brought down from Olympus. A gift from the G-ds. Poor plebian me though... I just did not get it.

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/archives/

10.gif

----------------

On 6/2/2004 5:58:46 AM shoe11 wrote:

How about this simple 2 channel vinyl setup:

Audio Tekne Turntables, ACP-88.014 $96,570.00

Audio Tekne TFA-9501 Stereo Preamplifier $96,570.00

Audio Tekne 2-Channel Amp, TEA-9501PCS Phono Equalizer, Stereo $257,521.00

Audio Tekne Special Order Floor-Type Large Speaker $193,140.00

Total $643,801.00

----------------

I looked on their site, and other than the poor Japanese -> Engrish translation (well, transliteration I guess), the products look VERY insignifigant. I wonder if they are really that good, or if its snake oil? That is one hell of a system, though!

Sounds like how they talk on NYPD Blue and HBOs Deadwood: all past tense, third person:

Vibration of the box, cone and driver baffle causes an unnatural sound. Dividing, isolating and dampening them reduces this vibration and improves sound quality?

I guess the existence of these ultra high dollar speakers is not what surprises me, so much as the attempts by many audio scribes to justify their price. Of course, in the case of the 65K Audio Phyics, even the reviewer had a hard time saying these speakers were actually worth that much in the marketplace.

We often talk about the point of diminishing returns, as it relates to value of speakers (or anything else for that matter). My nomination for "speaker most nearly at the apex of the value curve" would be the venerable klipschorn! Can I get an amen on that? (Or another nomination?)

Yeah the descriptions alone on the Audio Tekne site are confusing as hell....

Imagine if you were thinking of spending $250k on speakers and either you went to the company's website or Stereophile magazine and got the following review to help you in your decision:

"First, please try listening 16cm full-range speaker system SP-8716 of our company. You understand the sound that is near the original sound, and the large floor type speaker system was developed on the special order for those who wish a further near the original sound.

Box vibration, horn vibration, and division vibration of vibration element were complete to eliminated. As a result, there be not the excessive sound other than a music signal and approached limitlessly the original sound. In a multi-way speaker system, you have to combine the image of sound position of each speaker unit. If to do not combine the image of sound position each speaker unit is heard in pieces.

Furthermore, sound pressure of each unit is not able to combine the right level.

If the image of sound position is combined, each unit becomes one sound source, and the presence of the speaker system will be lost and it will become a natural sound.

The sound is natural and without the vice, and so becomes the personality sound of the equipment that are using the all stage.

Depending on usage, the theory of an old audio may be reversed fundamentally.

The evaluation in the time that did a first audition thinks that it is inevitable to feel with the sound that there is not force furthermore and unsatisfying sound. As for this system, all of a woofer-box and attached parts are made from the carbon plate and the carbon block. Furthermore, since special processing of the cone paper has been carried out, 38cm woofer sounds to the same sound as the full range speaker.

It is a fact although it thinks that many persons cannot understand this phenomenon."

~shoe

From the Audio Tekne website: "We are making Audio supplies and Equipments with the native tone quest"....What the F+++ is a native tone quest? LMFAO

In the "About Us" section....."The product of an audio market was audio equipment that different from the original sound increased." This is a riot! What's sad, is that as much of bunch of morons as these guys are, there's obviously gonna be some dumb bloke who's even dumber who buys this $***!

"We offer the audio equipment that brought close to an original sound most. The product was developed considering the sound of a concert as a comparison object.

We think that the development method does not have a parallel in others."

The jerks don't even realize that this was done over 65 years ago in the 1930's with Bell Laboratories "Experiments on Auditory Perception"

About their speakers: "Furthermore, sound pressure of each unit is not able to combine the right level." lmfao LMFAO!

I'm going to email these jackasses & have some fun!

You guys should really take some time & vist their website. I guarantee you'll be in stitches in no time!

http://www.audiotekne.com/en/

11.gif1.gif

While their descriptions are hilarious to read just suppose that we got a chance to listen to their gear and the system sounded incredible?

All of us have our screwed up English (not perhaps as bad as these fellows), but I've always been impressed with the inventions of the Japanese so I'd rather not bad mouth them only to have to eat my words later. It would be interesting to read a mainstream review of this gear though.

~shoe

And remember when buying cables:

"Only this as for the connection cord without the vice, the like is not in others."

LMAO

9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif

----------------

On 6/2/2004 3:05:28 PM shoe11 wrote:

While their descriptions are hilarious to read just suppose that we got a chance to listen to their gear and the system sounded incredible?

All of us have our screwed up English (not perhaps as bad as these fellows), but I've always been impressed with the inventions of the Japanese so I'd rather not bad mouth them only to have to eat my words later. It would be interesting to read a mainstream review of this gear though.

----------------

Hey, I've used Japanese triode amplifiers for 25 years. And I have an audiophile friend in Japan. And my wife has worked for Japanese companies for over 20 years. So I've seen & heard more than my fair share of 'poor english' from Japanese. None of it was ever this stupid. There's absolutely no excuse for this. These guys are a bunch of dolts.