Custom made Klipschhorns?

lshannon

Hate to say it, but that speaker has absolutely nothing to do with Klipsch. Whoever is selling that could get in trouble for saying it's a KHorn.

Besides, they CAN'T be made by "Klipschorn", because Klipschorn is not the company name, but a model of the Heritage line. 10.gif

----------------

On 6/1/2004 5:48:00 PM TBrennan wrote:

most people actually, are so damn boring and conventional.

----------------

And whipped by their wives, that they are "forced" to sell their equipment to make their other half happy. Screw that noise!

----------------

On 6/1/2004 5:43:23 PM Seadog wrote:

Very, very low WAF.

----------------

Only that ugly black HF unit on the top. A small salad bowl finished to matched would be sexy.

Tom, are those Fostek horns and drivers any good?

Rick

Rick----I'm not familiar with the exact Fostex units used in that speaker. However Fostex stuff is very well made and several of my pals use Fostex drivers and most of them I've heard, which includes some of their horn tweeters and full-range drivers, are VERY good.

I've heard a couple of nasty Fostex's too, full-range things. They make a 6.5" paper-cone driver with a whizzer that will make your teeth ache. Their best full-range driver, IME, is the 8"er with a white paper cone and aluminum dust-cap; kind of a JBL LE-8 clone. Sounds very, very nice. Given it's limitations of course.

And I've heard several of their horn tweets, had some for awhile too. Their tweets are very good. I'm surprised none of the T-35 replacing tweakers here have used Fostex tweets.