Marantz SR-19 EX for Sale

whell

This was Marantz's 2rd from the top of the line in 2001 & 2002, behind the SR-14 EX and SR-18 EX. This is an HT recevier that is built like an absolute tank. 5 channels of amplification built in, but it can do DTS ES and DD EX with the addition of an outboard amp.

High quality 24-192 processors on each channel. Video switching capabilities, very flexible preamp, great sound and THX Ultra certification to boot. I have a PDF brochure of all the unit's features if you're interested.

THe unit was 2000 new. Looking for $1100. I'm saying goodbye to HT, but want to give this unit a good home. Posting it here for the HT forum members before it heads for EBay.

----------------

On 6/2/2004 2:26:04 PM whell wrote:

I'm saying goodbye to HT,

How do you say goodbye to HT? Are you commiting suicide or something? I see a post like yours every few weeks on an HT board and it always seems odd. HT is life for me, there is no end , ever.

Here is the Marantz Press Release on the SR-19 EX:

MARANTZ INTRODUCES SR-19EX HOME THEATER RECEIVER WITH ENHANCED FEATURES AND PERFORMANCE<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

ROSELLE, IL, January 6, 2001Marantz America today announced the introduction of its Reference Series SR-19EX Digital Surround Receiver. Upgraded from the company's SR-19, the new receiver is now THX Ultra certified, and includes THX Surround EX and DTS 6.1 decoding plus a host of additional refinements. The SR-19EX delivers high-end receiver performance in every respect, and its stunning Reference Series styling makes it the perfect complement to the most elegant homes and decors.

Thanks to its THX Surround EX and DTS matrix 6.1-channel decoding, the SR-19EX provides a dramatic new level of sonic realism. These new surround-sound formats decode an additional back surround channel from THX Surround EX and DTS matrix 6.1-encoded DVD discs, providing a more realistic surround sound environment by allowing smoother 360-degree sound effects with more precise localization behind and beside the viewer. The SR-19EX also offers state-of-the-art Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1-channel decoding performance, plus Dolby Pro Logic decoding and a variety of additional surround modes. The SR-19EX's upgraded DSP processing circuitry utilizes 192kHz/24-bit audio decoding on all seven channels for the highest possible fidelity and bandwidth, and high-resolution playback.

The SR-19EX delivers no less than 130 watts (into 8 ohms) of high-current amplification into each of its five main channels, for clear, powerful and dynamic reproduction of movie soundtracks and music. If desired, the left and right front channel amplifiers can be switched to power the back surround loudspeakers in a 7.1-channel system for THX surround EX, enabling the use of an external stereo power amplifier for the front left and right loudspeakers. Heavy-duty banana-plug-compatible speaker terminals are used for all five main speaker outputs, facilitating the use of high-quality speaker cables.

The SR-19EX is built to the absolute highest standards, with an ultra-heavy duty chassis highlighted by an elegant metal alloy faceplate accented by gracefully curved side panels. The SR-19EX features Marantz Reference Series parts and construction for extraordinary audio quality, with refinements including premium-grade passive components in critical signal path applications for ultimate sonic purity.

Along with its extraordinary surround sound audio quality, the Marantz Reference Series SR-19EX includes an unusually comprehensive array of performance and convenience features. It offers a wide variety of video and audio inputs, outputs and switching facilities, including three sets of component video inputs, front-panel A/V inputs, six digital inputs and many additional analog connections. Reflecting its status as a high-end Marantz receiver, the SR-19EX features Gyro-Touch tuning, providing precision AM/FM tuning via a large-diameter weighted and balanced tuning wheel, operating in conjunction with a sophisticated digital tuner section with 50-station preset memory. Other versatile features include an improved on-screen menu that controls both the main room and second room audio/video system, a Source Direct function that bypasses the tone controls for purest sound quality, six-channel direct inputs to accommodate future surround sound formats or an external digital decoder and much more.

The SR-19EX comes supplied with the RC-18SR, a special version of the Marantz RC-2000 Mark II Programmable Universal Remote Control that can be programmed to control every component in a home entertainment system.

The Marantz SR-19EX carries a suggested retail price of $2299.99 and will be available January 2001.

----------------

On 6/2/2004 2:47:33 PM Pistol Pete wrote:

----------------

On 6/2/2004 2:26:04 PM whell wrote:

I'm saying goodbye to HT,

How do you say goodbye to HT? Are you commiting suicide or something? I see a post like yours every few weeks on an HT board and it always seems odd. HT is life for me, there is no end , ever.

----------------

Pete:

I hear you, and I've seen these posts, too.

Fact of the matter is that the novelty of the multi-channel movie experience is wearing off. Sure, its cool. But, I'm now looking at other priorities for my funds, and the $$$ that the sale of the Marantz might bring will go a long way to helping with some immediate $$$ needs.

The other thing I've realized in the 3 years I've spend on the HT journey is that I'm much happier as a 2 channel guy. The multi channel music experience is less than gratifying. So, I'm happy with stereo.

Don't know if all that makes sense, but that's what driving my decision.