Question to Formica

Jay481985

Hey sry firepinch I remember you said you used WinISD to tune your tumult driver? I was wondering since it does not have it installed what are the parameters. Do you have the file still? I just need the parameter of the speakers as i can find all the technical data on the website but they do not offer the size of the speaker. Thanks

----------------

On 6/5/2004 1:21:28 AM Jay481985 wrote:

I just need the parameter of the speakers as i can find all the technical data on the website but they do not offer the size of the speaker. Thanks

----------------

huh? Do you mean you are looking for the physical dimensions of the driver to calculate the volume it'll displace?

----------------

On 6/6/2004 2:03:32 AM formica wrote:

----------------

On 6/5/2004 1:21:28 AM Jay481985 wrote:

I just need the parameter of the speakers as i can find all the technical data on the website but they do not offer the size of the speaker. Thanks

----------------

huh? Do you mean you are looking for the physical dimensions of the driver to calculate the volume it'll displace?

----------------

6.gif

wait...LOL

Funny stuff going on here when I am gone!

I'm afraid that WinISD pro (at least the version i have) didn't come with any Tumult specs they must be entered and saved manually.

Like you said, most of the physical dimensions are on the Adire site and the only dimension you are missing are the magnets diameter and thickness. I'd assume something like 8" dia and 4" depth... Even if you are a little off, the difference on the design will be smaller than those that introduced by the assumptions of the simulation software.

THEear... and you thought a sub was definied by it's SPL, bass extension, etc... but this takes "displacement volume" to a new level... 3.gif

Rob