How about setting up a Parts Bin

thebes

Given the recent consolidation of sections in Home Audio (I approve of the streamlining by the way) it seems there's enough room to set up a parts bin for Fourm users to share their odd bits of this and that.

For example I have several tubes someone might want, but I could also use a couple of switches and a knob for my Panasonic SA-5500 receiver.

I know this happens informally in various parts of the forum but putting it all under one roof might be handy. Obviously I don't envision this as a place for selling stuff. I see it being used primarily for folks to share and get a little more life out the various bits of electronica lying around or using up good stuff left on "hanger queens" (good name for a rock band by the bye). Music too but no burned copies allowerd.

Whadda ya thunk?

build it and they will come...

it wouldn't be too hard to create a webpage listing parts that people have in case anyone wanted them...just have everyone email the administrator of the page and he could just add it to the list. it wouldn't have to be anything super formal (unless someone has time on their hands) 2.gif