New Dared VP-16 Tube Integrated Amp

radiob

All the talk about Klipsch and tube amps, I decided to check one out. I went to audiogn and bid on a New Dared VP-16 Tube Integrated Amp and won it for 359.00, I know nothing about tube amps, so I tried to go cheap to see whats up. it has 12 watts a channel and looks pretty cool too,plus I dont need a pre. Does anyone know anything about this company or this amp,thanks again Rob

DSCN4173a1.jpg

I don't know much about the company, but they're highly respected in China and Europe. The amp belongs to one of my brothers, connected to his Klipsch KG 3.2s. With NOS tubes from the '50s, this amp is very revealing, smooth, and full. Its 12 WPC is more than enough to drive his 94dB efficient horns. It's a drastic difference from the more stringent SS Adcom GFA 5400 power amp he used before, and he doesn't regret it one bit.

Good luck with your new Dared. It's a well built amp that sounds quite pleasing IMO.

post-11084-1381925592952_thumb.jpg

Yes, it IS a very nice little amp. Don't let it's small size fool you either. The 12 watts this amp puts out will push those Chorus' of yours to running you out of the room. It has plenty of bass punch at any volume level, never saggs, has a real nice sounding midrange, and treble is smooth. Trust me when I tell you that you will not regret spending that 359 bucks on that amp. It is definately a whole lotta amp for the money, and it WILL put a smile on your face!

Just a little tip.... Find yourself a matched quad of JJ Tesla output tubes. These things sound absolutely amazing on this amp. However, you will need to remove one of the bars across the top of the amp so the tubes will clear since they are so much bigger, but it's well worth it!!!! Look at the pictures below, and you'll see what I mean about having to remove one of those bars. (the middle one)

DSCN4540.jpg

DSCF0601.jpg

DSCF0603.jpg