Chronicles of Riddick

damonrpayne

Saw this movie during the Indy get together in an excellent Klipsch powered theater.

I saw Pitch Black, and while I wasn't overwhelmed with the character of Riddick in particular I thought it was a pretty good movie. In COR Vin Diesel again plays the amazing convict who really just wants to be left alone but has a large price on his head, making that sorta hard. Along comes this wacky race of people who seem to worship death and pain and Riddick is uniquely suited to fight them.

I like the sound in the movie a lot, and the imagery was very cool. This is probably one I'll own just for the soundtrack.

Acting was decent, my biggest complaint is that they just don't do enough explaining of what the deal with these Necromongers are. The film is obviously left open for a sequel, but for those who have seen it, where would they go with that story?

----------------

On 6/15/2004 12:44:17 PM damonrpayne wrote:

We were in one of the smaller theaters, #7 I think. The sound WAS great, but during the day when we saw the various trailers in both the large and small theater, I think I very much preferred the larger one.

----------------

Same here! I went and saw Shrek 2 during the gathering myself, and it was in one of the smaller theaters. I'd loved to of heard that in the larger theater myself. But yes, the audio in that house was just simply amazing!

Anyway, I was curious as to how that Chronicals movie was. Despite Vin Diesel, I still wanted to check that one out. Oh well, I may have to settle for the JBL powered theater about 3 blocks froom my house, or I could drive hour and a half and go see it at that really nice Klipsch powered one in Harrisonburg, VA. Or, I could just wait for the DVD! 6.gif11.gif