Non Technical tube Jethro needs help with an upgrade to Dehavilland Verve preamp

"I don't think the Wrights I have over here right now have anything on the QUADs in any of the categories commonly attributed to SET -- I just don't hear it."

I guess there's always more than one side to a story. You are describing what you hear -- or in the case above what you don't hear -- and that is fair enough for me. There are also people who listen to THEIR music in the same way someone might sip and savor good wine. For solo classical or steel string guitar, or string and woodwind concertos, acoustic jazz, etc., SET amplifiers can make for what in my opinion is a very realistic and enjoyable listening experience. However, some of YOUR music also happens to be some of MINE, and SET does alright up to a point.....as I discovered a couple of days ago.

If you only listen to a specific style, type, or genre of music, owning and using the type of amplifier best suited to it makes good sense.