I need some advice

Rdmarsiii

Hey all, I mentioned it a few weeks ago, that I bought a pair of the Promedia Ultras off of ebay. Last week, I received the satellites for them, but no sub. They were advertised as local pickup only, so I had a friend pick them up.

He said that the sub was really heavy, so hed have to send it in a different box. So the mailman brings these two fairly small boxes. I though, no, the ultra sub isnt that small. Opened it up, it was one of the silver receivers in the lot of stuff I bought. It weighed a good 20 pounds by itself. The other box contained the sats and control pod. I called the dude, and he said he sent everything that I wanted. I asked him about the sub, he said it was so big that he had to make a box out of two boxes. He said it weighed almost 40 pounds (33, i think), which sounds about right.

So now the story is that the sub wasnt in the big box of stuff I ordered. He said that he went back up there, and he said that they said that I need to call on Monday, and theyll get it straightened out. Im just worried that theyll say no. What do I do if they do? That would mean that I didnt receive all that I paid for, and that could start up some legal action, right? What do I do if they refuse to give me it? Im really confused right now. Thanks, David

----------------

On 6/20/2004 8:58:21 PM Rdmarsiii wrote:

I cant say or threaten to sue, because I dont have the money to back it up, lol. What about telling the BBB if i dont get it?

----------------

I don't see why you are concerned right now. They said they would take care of it. Just wait until tomorrow to see if they do.

Never worry in advance. Plenty of time for that later, if need be.

Rdmarsiii: Yeah, I'm with Paul on this one; Just relax until you really know for certain something went wrong. The complete Ultra system is 53 pounds (shipping weight). The subwoofer alone weighs 33 pounds, so the guy is right; it IS huge!

I know this first had as my own ProMedia Ultra set arrived from Klipsch on Friday. FedEx had to bring it to the door on a handtruck! It was a replacement for my original ProMedia 5.1's that had suddenly crapped-out a couple of weeks ago. The old complete set weighed only 30 pounds. That shows you how much bigger the Ultra sub is. The enclosure is 20% larger. Trust me, after you get yours all set up you are going to love it's sound! It's much richer and fuller sounding than the old ones.

Oooook, heres the latest. He emailed me today. Its been two weeks. Here it is.

I got back last night and got your messages but waited until I had a chance to go to essex before I talked to you. Vegas was great the first part then we decided to stay 9 days and needless to say my checking account is hurting. You asked me how I know the sub weighed 40 lbs. Let me tell you again what happened the day I picked up the box. It was too heavy for me to pick up by myself and one of the guys helped me put it in my truck. I went home opened the box and got the two stereo things and took them inside. They were about 20 lbs. each and then I took out the two or three vcr dvd whatever I don't even remember now but they went to good use. I moved the packing around everything else and took it straight to the post office. They said the size and weight of the box would cost an arm and a leg. I went to work got boxes and back to the post office. At this point I was running late for work. I grabbed the biggest item out of the box that I thought was the sub and packed it by itself it weighed around 40 lbs. Like I told you they all looked to be in good shape but I was in a hurry and only held them long enough to put them from one box to another. Everything else I packed in the other box. The night you called I told you the names of the two stereo things inside. I still haven't set down with them other than to see one comes on the other doesn't. I haven't even hooked up the dvd surrouind system yet. Then after packing what was left in the big box into the small one I mailed them and come to work writing you telling you to expect two boxes instead of one. Like I say I was running out of time and it was pretty hot I just expected the big piece to be the sub you wanted. I'm sorry I didn't have or take the time to expect everything better but I figured you bought the box as is you were pretty well stuck with whatever you got. The fact somebody switched whatever you got for the sub is just wrong. Essex told me today you were pretty well out of luck that before I mailed it to you I should have inspected it and for that I'm sorry.

I do have one idea if you want to invest the money. Mail the item you got instead of the sub back to me and I'll take it back to them and have them pull the picture up of what the grab box looked like. It clearly shows the sub. Then ask them how they got switched and see if they won't do something then. Maybe the seriel numbers or something can be traced through their computers. Anyway I'll try anything I want you to be happy and it wouldn't hurt my feelings to get back my 75 bucks. Let me know what you want to do Joe

What do yall think? Should I pay him, even though I dont have the sub? I dont know what to do. Thanks, David

----------------

On 6/30/2004 6:02:51 PM Rdmarsiii wrote:

What do yall think? Should I pay him, even though I dont have the sub? I dont know what to do. Thanks, David

----------------

Sounds like the seller really f'ed up on his side of the deal. Doesn't sound like he was to organized. What I would do is either demand that he gets the sub to you as agreed upon in the initial deal or demand the money back and return what you did get from him. Don't accept any excuses from him. Either cough up the sub or full refund of the money - nothing else.