Prices?

how does 170 bucks for the 4.1 ProMedias sound. Brand new shelf items(Local PC store sells them for a great price for some odd reason) and they include Brackets Speaker stands and 50 feet of 12 guage SPeakerwire plus an extra preamp cable.?? plus whats a good price for 2.1 Pro's

$170 is a little steep, but if theyre worth it to you... A good price for the pm 2.1s is anywhere from $100-$130. Best Buy had them (not sure if they still do) for $129.99. If you keep an eye on ebay, you can find some cheap. I got some for $39.

I dont understand those stupid starwars things... they've been on limited edition for like 2+ years now.

If i were you I'd just wait for Klipsch to get some refurbs (they sell them CHEAP then), or just ebay. I think you can get them for like 140 new on ebay.

that sucks for the stuff thats supposed to be collectors. Annyways does annyone know where i can find the best deals, so far the only place with 2.1 Pro's is HP.com for 150 and i really dont like HP and how they ship stuff(Bad rumors about them) and if i can would 4.1 Pro's be better for the SB Audigy ZS or just 2.1 on EAX with an extra 6.5" yamaha subwoofer(Specificly for home theater) ?? anny suggestion for a 15 * 10 computer room and celeing mounted speakers?????

Hello:

There is an inherent problem in only looking at price. Lifetime and quality.

How many Heritage speakers are still standing proud, performing their sonic duty?

Progress is one thing. Progress without having all bugs worked out is another. Companies decide to upgrade when what they are selling now is not perfected.

I log into "Posted Today," too many times do I see that this pro-media is giving someone trouble and then I read a post from someone wanting to rebuild a thirty (30) year old Heritage speaker.

Price is important, but so is lifespan, quality, true customer satisfaction.

I've stated before that I am a two (2) channel dinosaur. In a few years I'll be gone, but I still have some equipment worthy of passing on.

I'm not saying that Klipsch is the only company that has any problems with newer media systems. One magazine that checks equipment out continually recommends a brand that has major quality control problems.

I guess my age is showing in the fact that I'm not thrilled with the type of equipment that is plain disposable.

dodger

Ok cool, i saw those and i think ill go with that. But what i really want to know is if the sub that comes from Klipsch(the 2.1 sub), will be better or worse then the Home theater 6.5" 50 watt yamaha subwoofer i got. I mean this thing pounds for a 6.5" sub and it hits in the low 20Hz range but wont go above 150hz. For games its awsome but i want to know if this subwoofer that the 4.1 and the 2.1 is really gonna compare to the HT one i have.

I can but i really would prefer a closed area demo so that i can hear it in a closed space other wise i wont be able to tell mutch defferences. They have it setup on a shelf and it doesnt do me annygood when you cant play the type of sounds on the Speakers.

----------------

On 6/22/2004 1:29:13 PM Amy Unger wrote:

Actually, we have less than 20 Star Wars systems now, and they will be gone forever...so yes, they are limited edition.

----------------

And how long have you hadd those 20 star wars systems 2.gif Just kidding...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Yes, sales were slow at first, but once we dropped the price, they went quickly. They're all gone now! Maybe if the 2 new movies were half as good as the older 3, they'd have gone a lot faster 2.gif