Shanling stp-80 tube integrated

dr.hug

Does anyone have an objective review and comparison withthe Shanling STP-80 vs other comaprablepriced amps and also vintage gear...

I am looking to get into tubes but I want to know if it would be better tho go old vintage and have it rebuilt over the new stuff.

Also if you have any opinions on the sound please voice it!!! and recomendations!!9.gif

Thanks Hug

Shanling have some good reviews on their tube cd player - don't know anything about their integrated. I personally prefer to stay with more modern new/near new tube gear. In relation to buying 'veteran' tube amplifiers I'd be cautious. I just don't want anyone elses problems unless I personally knew the seller and can confirm any modifications or updates have been done properly.

Hello,I have owned slidstate gear for 20 yrs.Last year I purchased the Shannling SP-80 monoblocks/CDT100 tube CD player for my La Scala,s.WOW...I will never go back.The sound is just incredible.Tubes and Klipsch's are so much better vs. solidstate.My amps are the modified versions from the Audiogon website.If you decide on tubes I believe you won't regret your decsision!!!! Greg

Please post your movie and music tastes, room dimensions, speakers and front-end equipment in your system profile, this will help forum members give you thoughtful, insightful answers.