Idenetical IP Address!

Well, if XP is the same as Windows 2000(which I use), open a DOS command window, and then type at the prompt IPCONFIG and press ENTER. That will show you the IP address of your computer

However, if you're on a network, it will only show you the internal IP address the router assigned your machine, NOT the public IP address.

If that's the case, the software that came with your router will usually display such information. OR, go to this web address for Gibson Research....

https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

It will display your public IP address. There's also an IP utility freeware for download there. Good luck

----------------

On 6/29/2004 3:20:04 AM white_shadow wrote:

How can I find out if I have an idenetical IP address. Do I right click on my computer in Windows XP. If I don't have one, where can I get one. It sounds really cool.

----------------

I might have thought it was a sarcastic post if the misspelled word was the only error.

that be sarchasm?

I thought sarchasm was a sour, deep, steep-sided opening in the earth's surface, like a canyon or a gorge.

That be sarchasm.

Sarcasm is:

1. A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.

2. A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.

7.gif