CHANGING AUDIO &VIDEO WIRING

jaama

I change them every time I change the spark plug wires in my car.

Seriously, though, unless you detect/suspect corrosion at the connection points or just want to re-heat the solder joints or clean the connections, there's no real NEED to bother. "Upgrading" of wire quality or size doesn't seem to make actual aural improvement, except for incidental re-heating or cleaning of connections.

On the other hand, if you just have to spend some down time with your system and feel a familiar burning in your back pocket, it's fun and doesn't hurt anything if you get everything back together right. It's also lots of fun to marvel in wonder to yourself at the kilodollars you just spent on some marketeer's vision of audio/video nirvana.

I know that's not the answer you want, but that seems to be most people's experience. How about compromising: just re-heat any solder joints and clean all the connections? It's not as expensive, but it works just as well and sounds just as good.

----------------

On 7/1/2004 10:02:13 AM jaama wrote:

HOW MANY YEARS DO YOU CHANGE THE AUDIO & VIDEO WIRES.REGARDLESS OF THE THE PRICE .NEED SOME INFO

----------------

I never change unless they are damaged