Promedia Ultra 5.1 + laptop + MP3

BJG718

I definitely want to get these speakers, however, I am trying to figure out what would be the most effective and cheapest method of getting all three of these electronics to work. I have a laptop and I do not believe it supports a 5.1 system. It is not necessary for the MP3 player to be able to work with the speakers, but it would be nice. Anyways, I was thinking of getting the DD 5.1, Soundblaster Extigy, Audigy 2 NX, or Xitel Pro hi-fi in order to accomplish what I am trying to do. Is this what I should do, or is there a better way to get all of the speakers (and sub) to work in unison with the laptop/MP3 player. thanks

-brendan

man u are posting everywhere! u post hound u!! jp... 9.gif .

anyway, you can connect your mp3 player DIRECTLY to the inputs of the ultras.. starting with the fronts... u can use several y connectors from radioshack to connect the 3 inputs: fronts, rears, centers.

for the laptop - try the audigy2nx... it has better snr than the extigy.. which means less pink noise at certain volume levels.

haha yes, i did post everywhere hoping i could get as much input as possible. i will only post this comment once though, right here. thanks to all who have helped.

o, one more question though. the extigy and the audigy external serve the same purpose, except the extigy is one step down? thanks again

-brendan