used reciever deals?

KungFuNat

any decent 5.1 recievers that i might be able to get a good deal on. perhaps something that was considered the cats-*** a year or so ago, but now can be found for a song?

only concerns are:

-preferably under $1000

-must have 5.1 analog inputs.

-preferably with an on-screen interface.

For $1000 there are a number of NEW receivers on the market that have just what you are looking for - on screen, analog inputs, all the DD/DTS goodies, and SEVEN channels. Why not consider these?

Shameless plug - the Harmon Kardon AVR430 has all this stuff - for $600.

popbumper9.gif

I'm selling my Denon 3802 reciever. Brand new it was $1200 and i can tell you it still kicks plenty of ***. 120 watts per channel, 7.1 channel, the other 2 channels can be used for surround back or a seperate room. Has component switching and is in perfect shape. I can ship it if you're not in the Boston area. Let me know. I have the remote control which is awesome and all the manuals. I can send pictures to your e-mail. Let me know.

Schwock5@hotmail.com

or AIM Schwock5

pop, ive heard mixed reviews over H/Ks new recivers... what speakers do you use yours with?

quite frankly fellas, ive always been under the impression that audio hardware should be purchased used if possible.. that way your dollar goes a lot further.

any other suggestions?

I have heard the same thing. I asked the same question about a week ago and got mixed answers. If the receiver has not been driven into the ground, a good Bang-For-Your-Buck ratio should be had. I am looking into an Outlaw or Denon receiver "pre-owned" for my system.

Check out or look out for a harman kardon avr65. You may beable to pick one up for 200 they used to be 1000. On screen display. Awesome cd playback. Search the net for reviews of this. I used to own one (let my brother buy it because I need a and b speaker selector which it does not have, and I like really good speaker wire so the speaker selector box was out of the question.). Incredable voltage to your sub. Man it really makes your sub pound at low volumes even. It's definetly not a lazy sub connection like alot of receivers out there. Fixed crossover on small at 100 hz. Not bad because of the killer sub connection. You can also run the mains large with the center and surrounds small. Huge remote with huge buttons that will light up if you press the light button. That is an excellent feature. It would run my satellite dish also. Preouts for every channel to add amps if wanted. Lots and lots of power reserves. Never heard any distortion especally running it with klipsch speakers. And I like to rock most all the time. It is just 5.1, but that didn't matter nothing to me. That's all I will ever use unless I had a dedicated room for home theater instead of my living room.

Natgun:

I am running Forte L&R, Academy center, Heresy II surrounds, KG2 rear surrounds, and an SVS 20-39 PCi sub. The system is nicely balanced, the HK does a good job overall and is quite easy to use. I am very happy with my starter system!

Popbumper9.gif