Need to jack up my RF-3s a foot or so

Any good ideas on speaker stands that would be able to maintain stability holding a floorstander like the RF-3? I have a pair as surrounds, but need to raise 'em up a bit as they are being obstructed by the back of a sofa. Also, I'm not in college anymore, so I'd like to stay away from cement blocks. In other words, has to look good too. :)

Looking for some first-hand suggestions.

MILK CRATES...hehehee

Nah....make something from wood....that matches the finish of the speakers....would not be too hard...could make from MDF and then put some veneer on it...or plywood etc etc

I just had my Cabinetmaker Buddy make me a couple "finished one side" plywood boxes to exact size. Then I finished them in two coats of flat black paint and three coats of Satin finish polyurethane........Almost a perfect match to the speaker cabinets...also drilled a hole in the top and filled with kitty litter (cheap) and they are solid as a rock!

Pat

Wish I had a cabinetmaker buddy. :) I don't have a problem playing with wood myself (okay, that sounds bad), but I haven't accumulated the tools yet (okay, that sounds worse). Good suggestion though, Pat. I assume the kitty litter squashed any potential box resonating issues in addition to adding the stability?

Absolutely made them sound better - imaging - bass - much cleaner - clearer sound all around with the extra weight. As far as plywood/mdf boxes go, just wing it then use latex caulk with lot's of paint and you may suprise yourself just how nice they look. I am temporarily unable (back injury) to make them myself or I surely would have.

Take your time and go for it.....................Pat