new drivers and...an electronic crossover? calling all gear heads...

Tony,

When you get the 2404's, mount them on a block or box and place them in alignment with the squaker driver. I can't hear a difference myself. I've always held that the time delay critique of Klipsch speakers was just another way for audiopile snobs to attempt to poke holes in the Klipsch mystique.

Rick

I will try that, you may very well be right. the only problem I forsee is the reflection of tweeter sound off the top surface of the k-horns when slipped that far back...I wish you had seen the graphics in heyser's article, the delayed sound form the drivers was quite noticable on the graphs, seems to me it ouwld be audible. anyway I will let you know what I hear. tony

Rick,

"I've always held that the time delay critique of Klipsch speakers was just another way for audiopile snobs to attempt to poke holes in the Klipsch mystique."

When I *finally* get my room done (starting drywalling today) if you want to come up and hear my two way LaScala's with Al's ES-600 networks you are welcome to.

Shawn

Sure, but I think it might take you a little longer to get here then it would for Rick.

Yes, I'm very happy with Al's ES600 networks. The lack of interaction between the LaScala woofer and the Altec 902-8B (on 511B) gave a very nice increase in clarity/coherence compared to when I had them crossed over first order with Al's type A crossovers.

I think the steep crossovers probably would benefit most speakers but they *really* benefit horns because of the large path length differences between drivers.

Shawn

I had heard from others about the audible benefits of extreme crossover in horn speaker systems, I am glad you confirm that the benefit is both audible and significant. I expect each of my mods to add clarity and other perofrmance parameters. better drivers and than a better crossover. regards, tony