DJ Shadow - In Tune and On Time

gtDark

I know not a lot of people on this forum listen to this electronic type music, but for those that appreciate it I would strongly suggest you check out this dvd. What an awesome performance. I turned it on last week just to watch a couple of songs then get back to studying, but 2 hours later I finished it, and I had a smile on my face the entire time. I would have to say this is one of my top 3 music dvds, really good stuff.

As far as content, it has a lot of the bigger hits from "Endtroducing" and "Private Press," but also some of the lesser known stuff from "Preemptive Strike" and "In-Fluxuations," so it's good for both those who really know Shadow's stuff and those who are listening for the first time. Not only is the music great, but the video is really good too. Lots of cool visualizations in the background.

Sound quality is top notch IMO. Audio is clear enough that you can hear all the clicks and pops from the vinyl itself being spinned. The mix uses a bit more surround channels than I'm used to, but after a bit it really made me feel more in the middle of the crowd, quite cool.

It also includes a CD of the show too...what a deal.