Klipsch Quintet Silver Speakers

I live in the L.A. area and I'm looking to purchase The silver Quintet speakers. According to the dealer locater, Best Buy is the only dealer in my area. They don't carry the silver Quintets and told me to go directly to Klipsch.com to purchase them. The online store on Klipsch.com only sells Promedia speakers as far as I can tell. Does anyone know a website or a local dealer that I can buy these speakers (preferably with the 10" sub included in the package)?

I have found the quintets at bestbuys web site. but there not the grey/silver ones. and there only 300 for the pair! thats not to bad of a deal. and the sub is 300 instead of 400. better jump on this right now if it is really what you want. would you ever consider going to a bookshelf system. it will give you lower output/play louder generally/fuller sound/etc. I would recommend the klipsch sb-1's or 2's and matching center. but thats going to be more $$.

but if your hooked on the quintets by the ones at bb RIGHT NOW! there the same as the silver ones. just black.

by the way- how big is your room? if its med to small the quintets should be ok. its for larger rooms that you'll want bookshelf's or bigger.

Thanks for the heads up. I have been debating buying the black Quintets from Best Buy, but I really want the silver ones (it would match everything else I have). As far as buying any larger sounding speakers, I think the Quintets will be fine. I have a pretty small living room, and don't have a lot of space to place speakers. That's part of the reason why I chose the Quintets; they can be mounted to the wall. If there output is as good as the ProMedia series, then I will be happy with them. It looks like I'm going to buy the KSW-10 sub to go with it. Is this a good match? I will be powering the system with a Pioneer VSX-814-S receiver.

where do you plan to buy them if you don't buy from BB.com? the least you should do is buy the ksw 10 or 12. If you could afford it, go with the 12. Ive never heard the ksw's really, only the rw/rsw's. I m sure it is fine- either the 10 or 12. you probably should quickly go to a store and listen to one. see if you like it.

and yes the quintets are equal to promedia stuff-easily. the 5.1 quintets alone are 400 reg price. and the 5.1 ultras are 400 and thats with a sub and amp. so these are superior to the ultras satilites. would you ever consider a different sub? like HSU? you can get 100 off if you buy a sub directly from them.

goodluck

scp53

The only place that I can find the silver quintets is here:

http://www.acousticsounddesign.com/core/view_BigProduct.cfm?pid=249&sc=27

If anyone knows anywhere else I can find the SILVER ones, please let me know. Forgive me for ignorance, but what's HSU, and who can I buy directly from?

I thought that the Heritage/KSW series was better than the Reference/RSW series. Is that the case?

The reason I chose the 10 inch sub over the 12 is only for space reasons. I already went to Best Buy to look and listen to them, and unfortunately, the 12 is just too big for my living room.

Thanks for the help.

HSU is a company that makes subs only, for the most part. there website is hsuresearch.com Ive heard some very good things about them. for a sub that you want- consider the stf-2. it is 400 direct from HSU right on there site. its marked down from 500 and is 10" and 200 wt. Im sure that its comparable to the klipsch ksw subs. and it has a MUCH better warrenty:7 years on the woofer, 2 years on the electronics, parts and labor included. i think the klipsch is like 2-3 yr. if you have any detailed ? go to hsu's message board. theres a link right on the home page.

as for those silver ones at that website- do you think there a authorized dealer? it seams like to good of a deal to be true- 5 sats and a ksw 10? no way they could sell it under 400! and besides- if you get it & use it a while and something goes wrong, bb will probably take better care of you than that website will. (but I don't think BB has very good cust. service either)

I thought that the Heritage/KSW series was better than the Reference/RSW series. Is that the case?

did you mean sw instead of ksw? because the rw/rsw subs are for sure better than the synergy subs-the ksw10 and ksw12.

good luck

scp53

"Does anyone know a website or a local dealer that I can buy these speakers"

I have Silver Quintet IIs brand new in factory sealed box (No Sub though). If you're interested, shoot me a private/email.

Thanks for the offer...unfortunately, it was a little too late. I couldn't find any reputable source to buy the quintets, so I bought this...

1 Klipsch RW 10 subwoofer

1 RCX Silver Center speaker

1 pair RSX-4 Silver speakers

1 pair RSX-5 Silver speakers

Damn, it was a lot more money too!!!

Any impressions on my system? I'm powering them with a Pioneer 814-S receiver, using optical cables from my HD Satellite receiver and DVD, and monster cable for the speaker wiring.