Minneapolis area forum members- want any of this stuff for awhile?

Any forum members in the Twin Cities want to play around with some old Altec horns that I have? I would be willing to LOAN some of this gear out if you want to experiment with it. I have around 3 or 4 pairs of horns/ drivers and space is getting limited. So this is away I can keep the wife out of my hair and still hold onto it. Let me know. Offer is open to members of this forum only.

------------------

Just who is Dylan's Jokerman anyways?

Clint -

I wish I could help you out, but my small place doesn't even allow for me to have a shop so I can build some interesting speaker variations.

If you ever want to sell them, I'm sure I can find homes for those orphans though. Good luck.

cc1091-

" I wish I could help you out, but my small place doesn't even allow for me to have a shop so I can

build some interesting speaker variations. " Thats my problem in a nut shell. I have a bad habit of collecting stuff and no room to keep it. I have so many speakers that friends are using I think if I were to ask for all of it back I could fill an 18 wheeler. I just can't pass up $25.00 AR 3's or the like at garage sales. There has to be some type of 12 step program for the likes of me out there!

------------------

Al,

Is that the 8 cell horn? If so yes. I know I have a pair of 10 cell. I will go look ( means it will probally be buried amongst lots of other stuff up in the clothes closet ) at get back to you in a day or so.

------------------

Al,

The 8 cell horns are 805's. So it looks like my bounty consists of 1 pair of 805 horns, 1005 horns and some oddball fiberglass horns with no cells and are smaller in size. For drivers I have a pair of 288b's, one ( maybe 2 ) pairs of 288c's and a pair of 290 drivers. I have a pair of A- 7 cabinets with stock LF drivers also. The cabinets are " newer " gray cabinets.

------------------

Hey Al,

I have a 511A currently enroute to my house for my center Belle. Of course, now you have me sweating the size factor but that's probably a different post. My question is about the throat for the driver to 511 connection. Is there a stock AL throat that the K55 will just thread into? Do you know it's designation and perhaps where to get one? I believe that the 511A I'm getting has no throat what so ever. Thanks!

------------------

Ed

Fronts: 1960's era Klipschorns (slightly modified)

Center: 1984 Klipsch Belle

Sub: Klipsch KSW200

Surrounds: Tannoy PSM6.5's

Receiver: Denon AVR1701

Video: InFocus LP350 DLP front projector

Satellite: DishNetwork 4722 (DD5.1)

DVD: Panasonic A320

S-VHS: Panasonic PV-S7670

LaserDisc: Pioneer CDL-406

CD: Kenwood CD-404 5-Disc Changer

EQ (for CD player only): Furman E151X2

Protection: Furman AV1215 Power Condition/Voltage Reg

edwardre

Every horn has a throat which by definition is the small end where the driver is attached. I could be mistaken but I thought the Altec horns used bolt-on drivers. You should be able to find a pro sound shop and get an adapter for the screw type drivers. Make sure you have your driver available so you can get the correct diameter and thread and, of course, match the bolt holes to your horn.

------------------

John P

St Paul, MN