Sunfire Signature EQ or EarthQuakes Mk4 15

Freak Nasty

Is it worth the wait to save up a bit more to buy the Sigs, will i be missing anything if i get the earthquakes instead? The reason i'm thinking , the Earthquakes is somewhat big. I know the Earthquakes is not so musical and need to be set very low, for movies i know they are excellent, how about the Sunfires, how does it compare? I've listened to both seperately and like them both especially the sunfires for size and output.

For size VS performance the Sunfire Signature has no equal as of now.A Signature goes very deep with power and will be both adept in HT use and music/HT system.

The Earthquake 15" powerhouse is very much like a Signature with a bit more output.

BUT the EQ Signature has an AUTO EQ and this feature will enable you to get FLAT response with the press of a button,NOT the Earthquake.

Both a great subs but the EQ Signature is an overall better sub.

And ONE of these will be plenty unless you listen at ear bleed levels and want to wear hearing aids soon.

Dude both a great subs,dude get the better...Sunfire EQ Signature 9.gif

Take it from ME,TheEAR the subsonic freak deluxe who owna a good many makes who does not take any hype.

Bob Carver is the man when it comes to compact power,his amps and subs have started a revolution.He is a true maverick if audio,no less.

Thank you very much Ears, Respectable King of Subs, thats exactly what i wanted to hear and was only waiting you hear it from you to confirm what i really wanted to buy. We are very lucky to actually can contact someone like you when having to deal with any question regarding subs. I admire you passion about them. Sunfire Sigs is the way to go.

• 1 month later...

Sold one pair of RF 35, gave him the RC 35 as a present for paying the price that they were bought. Got rid of the Marantz's... bought the Denons instead, and a nice pair of RF 7.....sweet. Also got the Sunfire signature Eq and the Earthquakes 12", all for a reasonable price. System complete, i am satisfied. Thanks to Ears and everybody for helping on my decision.

----------------

On 8/24/2004 1:53:38 PM IndyKlipschFan wrote:

Hey Ear.. What do you think of the new KW 120 THX subs with the KA 1000 THX amp?

----------------

Cannot comment,did not hear these.And I will have to test them AT HOME to really comment.

Those people who have a listen at the store and rant and rave are delirious,a serious home test drive is a must.

Anyway,when the time comes I will test these