Cornwalls in my are for sale, advise, anyone

radiob

I noticed on audiogon there are a set of walnut cornwall 2s near me for local pickup{70 miles} any way, it has been 14 years since I have heard a set. Question, is the 2 the cornwall with the cool reflex opening at the bottom front of the speaker? How will they compare to my Chorus2, will it only add some sweet horn loaded bass? Is the horn loaded base from the cornwall2 the same rock hard bass drum tightness as the klipsch horn? Would I get a klipschorn bass sound from them, or would I be closer to the khorn with the belle. I have never heard a set of belles, but have always admired there look. I have had k-horns a couple of times before in the past, room will not allow now.Is the chorus 2 the one I should keep. I know there are a lot of favorits and preferences hear, but I want fact, not opinion, who has heard all 4 sets of speakers? If I dont need to change then I wont right now, but if Im missing out in the slightest way, there outa here.I move through gear like most people change shorts.9.gif

Tom, what is your opinion of the belle? I have been craving the horn loaded bass lately,that hard wood hit.With the equipment I have now, THe khorns have to sound sweet,but I have no corners. In the past with my khorns I had always used SS, now I "have the right stuff"

Chorus II's rock. Very different sounding bass than the Belle. The Belle would be loud, tight, well defined. The Chorus II's by comparison are deeper and sound like the bass knob is tweaked up a bit, almost bloated, but still nice. I can see changing from Chorus II's to Belles.

The bass from Chorus II's and Cornwalls is similar, except I would describe the Cornwall as being a better balance between the mid and bass. The Cornwall is probably a bit leaner, although not lacking in bass. Chorus II's have a smoother sounding midrange in my opinion. You can listen to Chorus II's very loud with just about any power and the midrange will not cut through you like the Cornwall will.

Khorn bass is accurate, well defined, low, and huge. Khorns really shine when placed in good corners in a room that's not too full of stuff (like my living room)! The Khorn is the best of these 4 without a doubt.

Greg