RC-7 Mounting

DA1984

"Wall standards" are the name of them if I'm not mistaken. Two vertical metal strips with slots and very strong and different length brackets up to 24",maybe more that hang off them. Will easily support that load if vertical strips are attached to the studs or "togglers" are used - not "toggle bolts". Available at local hardware or lumber home stores in the shelving dept. I've seen them in black or white. I just hung my receiver dvd player and cd player(stacked) with no problem.

Sorry I don't live nearby I would show you.

....Pat2.gif

How did you make the wall standards look non-ghetto? Got a pic? Anyway to Slowjoe, very creative, looks good, but Im getting the Sony Grand Wega Rear-P LCD which is very steep down the back, so I dont think it would work, but further creative ideas would be appriciated.

Thanks all so far.

re: wall standards For the non-ghetto version make sure the standards are completely hidden behind the equipment and TV. Don't use the flat cheaper looking brackets (support arms). Black is also preferable to brushed aluminum finish or white, use your own judgement with surrounding colors. All the low voltage wires run through the rear wall into a bdrm. closet then return to the TV. No digital or I would send a pic. very clean look. Custom cabinetmaker could also be of some assistance for the $$.

1.gif ...........Pat

That looks nice and strong and would probably be out of sight as well. A person would want to make sure it is securely attached then it should hold a tremendous amount of weight. I too am lucky enough to have a cabinetmaker buddy that is very helpful.

Goodluck.........1.gif ...Pat

No pic, but they were 60 lb rated, black, & attached under the speaker. I still have one hanging on a back wall. I use it to hang the dry cleaning when I get home. If you're interested, email me. The site is www.omnimount.com.

SSH