Wireless speakers question

brewerd

I'm looking for some speakers that sound good and are truely wireless. All the ones I've seen use batteries or require an ac adapter which essentially

makes them wired. Is there a technical limitation that would keep them from being made with the plug built into them so they could just be plugged directly into an outlet. I have a set of Quintets now and would like them to sound as least as good as those but all the wireless ones I've seen so far

are in the sub $200 range.

Aint gonna happen Mi Amigo !

The signal must be sent somehow and that means a transmitter and a reciever which must get their power somehow. In any event you would be hard put to better a set of quints at anything near their price.

Though not truly wireless (nothing decent is) this may help with your problem. Radio Shack has a wireless option - it's a 5.8GHz transmitter and receiver. The receiver end has a stereo 50W amplifier. You could use this to run some actual Quintets as surrounds, in the next room or out on the patio. Like I said, not completely "wireless" but may get your signal, and speakers, where you want them.