Paradigm PS-1200

Rdmarsiii

I was going to recommend buying in Canada if your from here, but obviously from the ebay description your not. The PS1200 is a nice subwoofer IMHO, Paradigm has a solid reputation as a Canadian Company, but you don't mention what you are running it with...10.gif

question to seller, how old is it, and is the warranty still active and transferable, any problems, why are you selling it...2.gif

it's a nice subwoofer for the price, you won't be dissapponted....10.gif

As long as it can keep up with the Heresys, I'll be fine. His wife is making him sell it. I think he got it in 2000, but Im not sure on that. I'll ask on the warranty and all that, I heard they have quite a long warranty, like 2 years on the electronics and 7 years on the woofer. Can it keep up with my Heresys? Thanks, David

Its the PS1200,a BAND PASS subwoofer.Plenty of output,plenty of undefined output.Great for BOUM BOUM HT and lousy as a music sub.

There is not one BAND PASS sub I heard/tested that does the job for me,they have plenty of output but are as refined as some old Mustang with a BIG V8 and no finesse.Think of it as a woman with big bazookas and an brutish face.

Now if you said the PW2200,ah now we are starting to talk,great output,good definition and dives deep with ease.Great for HT and music systems.

----------------

On 7/21/2004 2:53:46 PM Jay481985 wrote:

----------------

On 7/21/2004 9:11:08 AM TheEAR wrote:

Think of it as a woman with big bazookas and an brutish face.

----------------

AHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHA

----------------

Shhtttt silence,do not discourage the man,if it is what he wants 2.gif

----------------

On 7/21/2004 7:44:14 PM TheEAR wrote:

----------------

On 7/21/2004 2:53:46 PM Jay481985 wrote:

----------------

On 7/21/2004 9:11:08 AM TheEAR wrote:

Think of it as a woman with big bazookas and an brutish face.

----------------

AHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHA

----------------

Shhtttt silence,do not discourage the man,if it is what he wants
2.gif

----------------

Huh? Im confused. If I dont like it, then I'll just sell it. How long did you have this sub, Ear? Just out of curiousity. thanks, David

Under two months,I was simply irritated by the undetailed BOOm and lack of any finesse when the sub was filling in under 80Hz.

Band pass subs are great IF used in a very narrow range,anything over 40hz and you have a musical-less sub great for Hollywood s BIG FAKE EXPLOSIONS a la WWE,IN DUMB PARDODY MOVIES FOR BURGER MUNCHING PEEPS.