Wanted: Replacement x-over type E-2 for Heresy...

mrpaul2

Shoot an email over to forum member Bob Crites (BEC) as he is doing new crossovers for both the Klipschorn (A and AA) as well as the Heresy, which match up with factory specs. Folks speak highly of him and his work, and I'll get to see his work first hand later in the week as he has refurbed my Type A crossovers for my Klipschorns.

DeanG/AK-4 is doing upgraded crossovers for a number of the different speakers, so he may have a Heresy project in the works.

Thanks,

I found BEC's e-mail and wrote him.

By the way, my dad who passed away last year bought a 50 watt H.H. Scott amp in the early 60's - and he loved it - it's a beautiful piece and has been extremely reliable.

Thanks again,

Paul

Heresy crossovers show up on eBay all the time. You should be able to find an E2 in a short time. An E will also work. But you will have to a a 33 uF electrolytic cap in the woofer circuit. Just connect at binding post like on your damaged E2. Otherwise they are identical.

Malcolm,

I don't have a schematic of the E2 either but I do have an E2. I measured the inductor on that one and it is 4 mH. It is also physically much larger than the one on the E.

Bob

Now that is strange. I remember the inductors on the E2s in my 84 Heresys as being the same size as all my other Heresys, and having the same part number. Oh, well, memory can sometimes be less than perfect. And its been a long time since I had those.

Malcolm,

During that change over time from Heresy I to Heresy II, I think it is possible that some different values could have been used in the crossovers. I have seen some variation even in the early type A crossovers. Different values for the caps compared to later type A and different from the Klipsch schematics.

Bob