Lyrics search engine: recommend a good one?

Frank Speaker

Sometimes Ill get the lyrics of a tune in my head and want to know the name of the tune. Good lyrics search engines come and go and right now I cant find one where just a few words of the tune gives the title and artist. I searched Tower Records, Amazon and Google (Google from the word googol is the number 1 followed by 100 zeros, thats one big number, how appropriate for Google) but I cant find the tune.

The tune Im looking for goes something like this:

....something flies by my window.... got me hypnotized....

----------------

On 7/21/2004 2:48:41 PM Frank Speaker wrote:

Sometimes I’ll get the lyrics of a tune in my head and want to know the name of the tune. Good lyrics search engines come and go and right now I can’t find one where just a few words of the tune gives the title and artist.

----------------

Unfortunatly, decent lyric search engines are pretty hard to come by ever since the much loathed RIAA made a huge stink about people posting lyrics up with out the "proper permissions" on websites. If I recall correctly, wasn't there a lyric site that was sued by the RIAA and forced to shut down?

Oh, so thats what it is. A few years ago I came across a good search engine where any few words came up with the exact song, it was called Crawl-It-All but its gone. I also remember one that said it was temporally closed, probably because of the copyright thing you speak of.

A couple of weeks ago I found a song on a site called Get Lyrical.com but I probably just got lucky, must have been a song they sell.

Oh well, this forum did the trick this time. 1.gif