Forte IIs age?

sire

My recently purchased Forte IIs are sitting in their new home. I have moved my RB-5 IIS to rear surround duties. I am still evaluating but it is looking like I might be putting my RS-3s on the market. I am contemplating locating a second set of Fortes and using them for surrounds. Expensive contemplation though.

Anyway, can anyone tell me the age of my Fortes? The back label has the following info:

FII Oak Oil #19 Grill

S/N 259399074 & 259399075

Thanks to a fellow board member (jerohm) my one damaged riser has been repaired. Still working out exact placement. Seems my family room is the dreaded rectangle shape and I have my setup along the short wall. From some previous readings, this seems to be a bad shape for good acoustics.

I am not sure yet about my experimentation with my new Pioneer 587a player. No matter how I configure the speaker settings, it does not really use my sub. I am not sure if I need it for non-DVD movies.

Mike

Sire, maybe this is too obvious but better check - are you using the digital output of the DVD player for the audio? If so, speaker settings in your DVD player have no effect. They only work if you connect it via the 6 analog outputs. If you're using digital output, and getting nothing from the sub when you play DVDs, better check your pre-amp/receiver settings. :)

If you're not getting sub output from music CDs, but you are with DVDs, it may be because you have your receiver set to Sub=LFE only, which means the only output that the sub will produce is the .1 channel of a multi-channel audio track. CD's don't have a .1 channel, so it would have nothing to reproduce...

Thanks for the info on manufactured in 1993

As for the sub, I am listening with the 6 channel analog outputs. Does not matter if I set the speaker settings in the player to large or small. Sounds pretty good with the Fortes actually.

Now I have a problem that the receiver loses all the settings whenever there is a power flux. At least I wrote all the settings down so I do not have to run the check again.

Mike