Cornwall 1986 II(S) Crossovers

Huhuru

oops sorry, the Cornwall mods are listed under updates and modificaitons. I've saved Al K's schematic, but you'd be better off getting advice directly from him.

From my understanding though, there is no high cutoff (ie low pass) crossover on the squawker horn, it just keeps playing until it naturally rolls off.

I have a Klipsch schematic for the Cornwall II, but my home phone is down right now. I will try and dump it to disc and load it up for you from work tomorrow. Did you try doing a search, I am certain it has been posted on the forum before.

When I removed the woofer in one of my Cornwall II's it was evident that the crossover is one of the cheesiest that I have seen. It looks cobbled together, granted the speaker does sound really good, but the crossover looks cheap, cheap. I sent DeanG a photo and the schematic for them and he said he could rework them up with primo parts for around ~$240/pr. I spent like $50-$60 on the acoustic panels and spray glue to insulate them since they have nothing inside and had a noticeable echo when I rapped on the side of them with my knuckles.

My '62's are right below them and when you knock on those with your knuckles you get a solid thud!

The acoustic panels improved/smooth the bass response but I did not bother with the crossovers since I just got a pair of vertical '68's to replace them.

I'll get the schematic up as soon as I can.

So then, my 74's with rear-mounted drivers and removeable back panel are definitely original Cornwall design. When I open em up, will there be any differentiating features on drivers or crossover that would indicate that I should upgrade either components or swap the entire xover out? It's my understanding that xover components can 'leak' or fade in value over time and that later designs (CWII or ALK) are simply better slopes and components.

How many different levels of mods would be applicable to my Cornwalls? SHould I change out???

I have had the woofers reconed, one squawker with new diaphram and both tweeters are new units. Would like to get totally up to speed this fall/winter. Thanks gang.