I know why the 5.1s are delayed

bugman

I've been noticing that the current 4.1 system price has been going down....from 223.99 to 269.99. I think delaying the 5.1 could be klipsch's stradegy to make as much money off of the 4.1 system as they could before releasing the 5.1s. So really, the 5.1 system is probably done...but they just want to milk more money off of people who dont know about the 5.1s.

Who knows, the 5.1s may have been shipped to stores already...and will be put on shelves at a specific date.

------------------

Sex is like pizza, when it's good, it's really good. When it's bad, it's still pretty good.

You tell'em Bob! Paranoid indeed. Smile.gif

Lookin' forward to hearing them. I hope there as good as you guys are saying.

Also, you NEED to make arraingments to make ALL of your products available in Canada and elsewhere! We can't even get the stands for the promedias up here.

Didn't mean to sound paranoid, I personal believe in the company and in the product they sell and know that anything that they put out will be worth the wait! As for the others that claim to be giving up on them and purchase speakers elsewhere; good, better chance of getting one shipped to me b4 they run out on the first shipment....

The next system they make would be best served with an upgrade in driver quality (as opposed to size). It would allow the Pro Media's to finally compete with speakers like the Videologic Crossfires on all levels. The main advantage the Crossfires have over the Pro's is their neutrality, and and overall cleaner sound, but if Klipsch say took the 5.1 speakers (I'm assuming there isn't gonna be a massive difference from sat. quality from the 4.1's to the 5.1's), and upgraded the quality of the drivers down the road, they would quite possibly be the undisputed king of multimedia.

Message to Tabbycatt:

If you're interested in the Omnimount RB-1 speaker stands for the pro-medias you might want to contact Erikson (they distribute audio products to retailers). I phoned their Quebec office and they referred me to a local (Toronto) music store. I had the music store order the stands for me and I had them in 3 days ($106.90 incl. tax). I assume since Erikson has a western headquarters there must be a few retailers as well.

http://www.eriksonpro.com/EriksonPro/about.htm

Western Headquarters

580 Ebury Place,

Annacis Island, Delta,

BC, Canada, V3M 6M8

(604) 520-0568

(604) 520-6352

• Moderators

Bugman--

We certainly are not trying to "close-out" the 4.1s...the 5.1s are not a replacement for them; just a different product.

It won't be long now, folks... Smile.gif

------------------

Amy

ProMedia Tech Support

promediatech@klipsch.com