How Are Klipsch Subs for 2-Channel Audio?

Hey guys,

I've been considering the purchase of a subwoofer and began looking at the Klipsch Reference products.

First - What the hell is the difference between RW and RSW? I can see that the RSW has a more powerful amplifier. Any other significant differences?

I'm not so concerned with maximum SPL. I'm just looking for articulate, tuneful bass that integrates well with the horn-loaded Heritage speakers (ala Belle and LaScala).

Thanks!

If you are looking for something to keep pace with the Belle's or La Scala's the RSW-15 would be the minimum sub I would consider, in fact two of them might keep pace. The RW line of subs are the lesser Reference subwoofers designed to work with the smaller Reference series speakers.

I use 2 Velodyne F-1500R's 15" Servo Subwoofers and I would consider that minimum for the speakers that I have.

I listened to the RW-12 at Ultimate Electronics and didn't think it had near enough power for my listening levels. I was listening to the RW-12 with it turned all the way up and I didnt think it was enough. Then I listened to the RSW-10 and the RSW-12 and it was like double the RW-12. There would also be no port noise with the RSW stuff.

If you are looking for Musical subs..dont think klipsch should be your choice, especially with the heritage series.

Musical subs cost serious money..try the RELs, Vandesteens, The Baggtoussels, Linn Sizmik, Martin Logan etc

Klipsh subs are Great for HT where high SPLs are required...