RPG Skyline LP difussors

artto

I'm considering buying some RPG Skyline LP (Low Profile) diffusors (white). These are 2'x2'x4" panels. They cost $199 per pair. If I don't like them for visual reasons of making my room's ceiling appear too low (acoustically I'm sure they'll do what they're supposed to, but this is a very small detail for me at this stage), I was wondering if anyone would be interested in making a commitment to buy some, or all of them from me. I'm considering buying at least one pair, possibly 3 or 4 pair.

http://www.silentsource.com/diffusors-rpg-skyline-lp.html

Artto,

You might want to consider using the RPG BAD panels instead of the Skyline especially if your ceiling height is less than nine feet.

I've got a dozen or so BAD panels on the walls in my room and am very pleased with the performance.

Lee

Thanks Lee.

For me the problem with the RPG BAD panels is that they are designed for high frequency diffusion and mid/low frequency absorption. This is not my objective or need. I need diffusion (not absorption) starting in the frequency range where the Khorn's midrange horn crosses over and higher, into the higher piano and alto soprano range. The Skyline LP diffusors have diffraction limit of about 565Hz and are exceptional diffusors above that. I'm trying to diffuse primary first reflections off the ceiling to improve clairity on certain sounds, as it the ceiling were substantially higher.

Artto, I don't want it to seem like you're my mentor or anything, even though, if fact, to a point you are. 2.gif Seems I learn a little something from every one of your posts. The one above, for instance, made me go look at specs for the two panels being compared, and your explaination makes perfect sense. Being an auto tech at heart, specializing in electronics and electronic controls of various systems, technical jargon is right up my alley. Maybe that's why I appreciate your explainations of the things you do so much; they have a problem, the course set to eliminate it, a solution, and the numbers to back up your resolution. Thanks.