I have another problem... Im getting sick of ebay...

Rdmarsiii

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually since you bid and won, I believe that is a legally binding contract. Even though something else was negociated afterwarks, it's nothing official and likely cannot be proven. I think poor communication lead to you getting the wrong idea. I think he wanted to get the full $300 all along and just agreed to ship it after your $230 downpayment. If you bid $300 then why would he agree to take less? Since you're both at fault, I'd offer to compromise by sending him $70 and calling the deal closed. I really doubt it cost him $38 to ship the sub so for sure don't pay the entire $108. If he presses, ask him for a copy of the shipping receipt showing the cost. BTW, if the unit got damamged in shipment due to his poor packing then maybe you should offer him slightly less than $70 -- but be sure to explain why.

Id be happy to pay what he paid for shipping. I know it wasnt $40 just to ship it from Houston to here. Thats only 5 hours. Fed ex said they charged $15. Im positive we agreed $230. If he wanted the whole amount, he shouldnt have told me he would settle for $230. Yes, the sub was damaged in shipping. I told him that, and he said, aww, that sucks. Soo, I'll pay him what he paid for shipping, but he aint getting no $108, at least not from me. I didnt bid $300 on the sub. I bid $280, and somehow he ended it at $300? I dont know how he did that. I dont think I should have even gotten involved in all this...

On 8/3/2004 4:42:22 PM Rdmarsiii wrote:

Yes, I did agree to pay $300. But he came up with $230, and we agreed on that. Unless he's going back on what he said, I dont think I owe him anything. He said at first that he was paying shipping. But I said no, and I'll cover it.

On 8/12/2004 2:42:37 PM Rdmarsiii wrote:

Id be happy to pay what he paid for shipping. I know it wasnt $40 just to ship it from Houston to here. Thats only 5 hours. Fed ex said they charged $15. Im positive we agreed $230. If he wanted the whole amount, he shouldnt have told me he would settle for $230. Yes, the sub was damaged in shipping. I told him that, and he said, aww, that sucks. Soo, I'll pay him what he paid for shipping, but he aint getting no $108, at least not from me. I didnt bid $300 on the sub. I bid $280, and somehow he ended it at $300? I dont know how he did that. I dont think I should have even gotten involved in all this...

You need to make up your mind here...

----------------

On 8/12/2004 2:53:22 PM cluless wrote:

On 8/3/2004 4:42:22 PM Rdmarsiii wrote:

Yes, I did agree to pay $300.
But he came up with $230, and we agreed on that. Unless he's going back on what he said, I dont think I owe him anything. He said at first that he was paying shipping. But I said no, and I'll cover it.

On 8/12/2004 2:42:37 PM Rdmarsiii wrote:

Id be happy to pay what he paid for shipping. I know it wasnt $40 just to ship it from Houston to here. Thats only 5 hours. Fed ex said they charged $15. Im positive we agreed $230. If he wanted the whole amount, he shouldnt have told me he would settle for $230. Yes, the sub was damaged in shipping. I told him that, and he said, aww, that sucks. Soo, I'll pay him what he paid for shipping, but he aint getting no $108, at least not from me.
I didnt bid $300 on the sub. I bid $280, and somehow he ended it at $300?
I dont know how he did that. I dont think I should have even gotten involved in all this...

You need to make up your mind here...

----------------

He ended it for $300, but my max bid was $280. Thats just what the auction said. So I went along with it.