Why Do I Keep Coming Back to...

thebes

....the sound track from the movie: Frieda

This has probably been in regular rotation on my system for at least two months.

Most soundtracks come up short for me because they are slaves to the movie and are chock full of "filler" needed to drive the movie, not the music.

Frida actually does a lot of this, yet never tires me out or make me want to hit the "forward" button to get to the next tune.

Anybody else heard this soundtrack?

thebes:

I havent seen the movie but I have read books about Frida and have actually been to her house in Coyoacan, Mexico. Its now a museum and looks as if she just left one day and everything is the way she left it.

I listened to the Frida soundtrack clips on the net. There is a certain haunting sound that reminds me of the haunting sound of the Das Boot soundtrack.

If its the Mexican aspect of the soundtrack that you like, then Id like to suggest Ana Gabriel Con Un Mismo Corazon. I have several of her CDs and I like this one the best. She has a very distinctive voice and she is a Mexican icon.

Ana Gabriel Con Un Mismo Corazon" Amazon

Thanks, Frank for the suggestion. I do like some, not all, latin music and tend to shy away from the dance stuff, but flamenco, love ballads and some of the newer chicano stuff like Los Loney boys is great. Your suggestion has been officially entered onto my next shopping list, to be executed soon.

I'd love to see her house too! There a phtoo retrospective on her at one of the museums here in Washington, hope to get to see it before it leaves.

Frida by the way is very well recorded and the last song called "Burning Bed" is the only number in English. The lead singeron this track sounds just like the lead singer in "It's a Beautiful Day" a group from the '60's.