Speaker Wire

Harry11

I think most people suggest Monster Cable because it's the most accessible.

I'm pretty sure it's not the best wire out there, quite the contrary actually. But I like being able to go to stores and check out their merchandise. Not to mention, anyone I know who puts nice audio equipment uses Monster.

So it's not necessarily that it's the greatest thing out there, but it's easy to get, and you have tons and tons of people who can give you opinions (or even samples) of it.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cablacksmith,

You are SO right!. Anybody that can prove to me that a power cable froma an amp to the wall socket can improve anything will win me over.

How on earth can this be true when your whole house is wired with Romex and there is aluminum bringing the juice into the house?

The only way I can see any improvement is by starting at the pole with a power line conditioner at the pole and then running a dedicated second circuit for your rig.

I want to say thank you to all that helped in my decision, I never thought I would get so many opinions and such good advice! I decided to go with local home store 12ga wire for my front speakers and 14ga wire for the rear channels. This is going to be a start of yet another upgradable piece of my theater, but isn't that what makes it fun?!!? 3.gif Thanks again for all who helped.

Harry

----------------

On 8/15/2004 5:47:34 PM Harry11 wrote:

I want to say thank you to all that helped in my decision, I never thought I would get so many opinions and such good advice! I decided to go with local home store 12ga wire for my front speakers and 14ga wire for the rear channels. This is going to be a start of yet another upgradable piece of my theater, but isn't that what makes it fun?!!?
3.gif
Thanks again for all who helped.

Harry

----------------

Ummmm - first thing I'd do is ramp up that rear wire. 10ga to the rears will compensate for the additional resistance (and resulting power loss) for the additional wire run. Using smaller gauge wire to the rears is just exacerbating the problem.