Heads up on gear for sale

Daddy Dee

OK, I've got way too much gear and am hoping to improve the WAF around my house. Wanted to give forum members a heads up before going out on Audiogon and Ebay. I'm absolutely covered up right now, so apologies in advance that I do not have pics ready to post or e-mail. It will be sometime on into the week before I can do that, just let me know if there is anything of particular interest, or if you want to make an offer on any of this gear.

Sunfire Classic Tube Preamp Control Center -- $1200 Excellent condition. This is a Bob Carver designed fat cat tube preamp with remote and contour controls for bass and treble adjustment. There are balanced and unbalanced main outs. Sub out. 6922 based and the tubes are on display behind a front picture window. Black case, amber and blue LED indicates standby or on. Original box and manual. When I purchased this preamp, I thought it would be the last preamp I ever owned. I have found that in my SET system I prefer The Peach, but this unit is no slouch. For reviews check out audioreview.com or the sunfire.com website for pics and more info. This preamp does NOT have the optional phono stage. Linestage only.

Eico HF-81 -- $650 nicely rebuilt by Ryan Inman within the last year or 9 months. DrBill (a technically inclined member of this forum, unlike myself) was sincerely impressed with the rebuild job and commented on the level of excellence to me, without knowing who the rebuilder was. The unit has the case and transformers repainted, black and the brass faceplate has been cleaned, polished and lacquered to maintain its nice look. All tubes have been replaced with NOS or nearly new Mullards. Very fine sounding unit.

Eico HF-81 -- $400 This is an engineer built kit, purchased from Dr. Bill and as he describes it, quiet as night with the quietest Eico transformers he has ever run across. As he is one of those, if it aint broke types, it was not out of spec when he went over it, so he didnt rebuild it. It would be an excellent candidate for rebuild at some point, but it gives good service now, so it could be planned for the future. Tubes are Philips Jan, Tesla JJ and such. All in new or nearly new condition.

Scott 222-D -- $500 This nicely rebuilt unit has been in service with almost daily use since 1964. It has a very nice walnut case. This is the nicest vintage integrated Ive run across. Controls are smooth, tubes are new or very good condition, branded HH Scott. IMO, it is the best deal of all these integrateds listed. However, for forum members I am not attempting to make a profit, only to recover most of what I have invested.

77 LaScala raw birch -- $1150 includes a Bob Crites rebuilt AA/A convertible crossover. Cabs are over all very good. One cab top has about a dime sized gouge from something falling on it in storage. I do have new Klipsch grills for these. Have planned to put grill molding on the front of the HF section, and finish the cabs, but have not done that. Also have shipping cartons for these speakers.

Feel free to post, e-mail or PM questions. PM or Email offers.